Hacking I had Wii 4.1U, then wanted to update, now this happened

fme008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 4.1U. Today I wanted to update, so I did. During 1/3 of the way of the upgrade, the Wii all of sudden turned to this screen (see image), and from now on whenever I turn on my Wii, it will show this as start-up.

Is my Wii bricked?

How can I boot back to the Wii?

and is it possible to update beyond 4.1U?

IMG20160308025158_zps4ubnwyot.jpg

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What guide did you follow when hacking your Wii? Did it have you install BootMii in Boot2? Did you make a backup of your NAND? If so, take the BootMii files and place them back on your SD card and turn on your Wii and see if it will boot into BootMii. If it does, then you can restore your NAND from your backup.

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I got this same screen when i started moding my Wii after get a error in the 4.3 Update!

Solution: If you able to load the homebrew channel via this preloader menu, load Multi-Mod-Manager v13.4, select the option "Manage System Menu" and select your System Menu 4.1u or simply choose v4.3u to update to the last system menu officially released. After this, the program will start downloading the system menu selected and after done, your system will be back.
:D

Last edited by Linkuei,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this same screen when i started moding my Wii after get a error in the 4.3 Update!

Solution: If you able to load the homebrew channel via this preloader menu, load Multi-Mod-Manager v13.4, select the option "Manage System Menu" and select your System Menu 4.1u or simply choose v4.3u to update to the last system menu officially released. After this, the program will start downloading the system menu selected and after done, your system will be back.

This should work. You'll have to reinstall Priiloader but that's trivial.

I don't think you even need to be able to load the HBC. If you put MMM on the SD in an /apps/ folder I think you can launch it directly from Priiloader.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Solution: If you able to load the homebrew channel via this preloader menu, load Multi-Mod-Manager v13.4, select the option "Manage System Menu" and select your System Menu 4.1u or simply choose v4.3u to update to the last system menu officially released.
Will MMM take care about IOS dependency for particular SM?
Stubbed or not existing ones may cause some havoc.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try sticking this SysCheck on SD and see if you can get it to run and post the .csv contents (in spoiler tags.) It may just crash. :/

fme008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I was able to restore my nand (4.1U), and everything is working again. Now to update to 4.3 do I follow the solution above?

Side question: so right now I have 4.1U. Is it safe to install wads (VC games like super smash bros) that were released after 4.1U by using the wad manager?

Linkuei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I was able to restore my nand (4.1U), and everything is working again. Now to update to 4.3 do I follow the solution above?

Side question: so right now I have 4.1U. Is it safe to install wads (VC games like super smash bros) that were released after 4.1U by using the wad manager?
Make the update with my solution and then install the wads :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1