Not open for further replies.

Hmmm2022

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

So i own the original 2017 Switch model, its on OFW 9.2.0 and the CFW is atmosphere and its on AMS 0.10.5|S

So i havent touched my switch since 2020 and thus naturally need to update alot of things.

So my questions are:
1. How do i Update my Switch FW? My switch isnt banned at all because i dont play online. But i cant exactly update the OFW via system settings right? So how do i do this?
2. How do i update my Atmosphere CFW to the latest version?
3. Is there any better hack that came out in the past two years that is better? or is atmosphere still the best way to go?
4. What is Tinfoil? and how do i check if i have it?
5. How do i update gold leaf?
6. How do I Back up switch saves to PC and then reinstall on switch later?
7. My SD card is 128GB atm but i will buy a 500GB i think soon. So How do I PREP the New SD Card? and how exactly should i transfer the CFW and my folders from one SD to another? will i have to unhack n rehack switch?
8. Is PSP Emulation any good on Switch?
9. Does getting Android on switch still require one to get a seperate SD card for that? or can you install an app to access that all on one sd card now? (irrc u needed to have another sd card or needed another partition to use android on switch 2 years ago)
10. Themes. Where can i obtain themes? idk if this is allowed to discuss on this site. So edit this if its not mods.

Thank you all in advance.

RandomJuicyFacts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi ! Here are some important tips that help me… Since I'm a noob on this forum, I cannot post URL, but you can star by searching on Google or any other place, these 2 things:

- The Ultimate Noob Guide Switch.
- Hombrew SD Setup Nintendo Switch

And I'm sure it will help you a lot... Good Luck!

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i stay on 9.2.0 and player newer games like AI Somnium Files 2?
yes-ish. You'll have to get patched versions of games to run on lower FW.

I can tell you most games that were made in 2020/21, released in 2022, can run low 13's no problem.
I can also tell you if you get a newer atmosphere that is nowhere close to your current FW, you will have problems, i.e., "checking if this software can be played"....."please turn off airplane mode."

I'd recommend making a backup of your SD as it is when it works just in case something goes wrong. This way, you can just cappa/pasato a test SD

Reactions: impeeza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM