Hacking Question I guess I messed up my SYSNAND

TheFlungster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Earlier this week one of my kids booted the Switch up in OFW so he could play his Animal Crossing, I also noticed then that the system had updated to 12.0.0. No problem as it gets updated all the time.
Also when booting up OFW it would warn there was a corrupt game on the SD Card and wanted to delete it, and wouldn't mount it. So let it delete it and figured I'd down load it later.

I grabbed the latest Atmosphere, fusee-primary and Hekate from Github and updated my SD Card.
Tried firing up Atmosphere via fusee-primary and after the 2 splash screens, I got a Fatal Error; Program ID 010000000000002b. Tried a few more times via both fusee-primary and Hekate with the same results.
Tried renaming my Atmosphere Folder on the SD card and dragging in a clean copy of the latest. Same result.

Took a look around the internet and saw that the error had a few potential fixes so in the end decided to post a report on the Atmosphere Github. I got a response from SciresM (thanks if you see this) that pointed me to a resolution involving a corrupt PRODINFO/system settings save and pointed me towards an older resolved report. The solution said to mount my emuMMC's RAW GPP, System, Save Folder and delete files named 8000000000000050 and 8000000000000052.
It also suggested I probably have a corrupt PRODINFO in my emuMMC and I should restore that from a backup, making sure I restore it before regenerating the save files.
I figured it actually meant emu RAW GPP, not emuMMC's RAW GPP.

That completed, fired up Atmosphere again and this time no splash screens, just a black screen. Wanted to check OFW so switched off and let it boot to OFW and it was fine. Mounted my emu RAW GPP, System again, looked in the Save folder, expecting to see files 8000000000000050 and 8000000000000052 regenerated but they weren't.
Tried booting CFW again, still the same.

OK the Idiot part:-
Now 1am I figured I would have 1 more try and follow the steps again. This time I went into the Save Folder and files named 8000000000000050 and 8000000000000052 were there. A tiny bit of hope as I unmounted and tried to fire up Atmosphere again. Still black screen.
Now very bleary eyed I had that 1 more try and deleted the 2 files from the System Save Folder and restored PRODINFO again, then, as I was unmounting and coming out of HacDiskMount I suddenly noticed that I hadn't mounted emu RAW GPP but eMMC RAW GPP and had just deleted the 2 system save files and restored my backup of PRODINFO into the route!!!!

Now, guess what, my OFW now does the Nintendo splash screen and then a black screen, and nothing.
I tried putting the 2 System Save files back into the SYSNAND from my backup but still a black screen.

I did the long story above as I know if I just posted that I had deleted 2 system save files and replaced my PRODINFO on my SYSNAND, some will ask how on earth I managed that and I would have ended up explaining anyway.
Would anyone have any ideas if this is salvageable before I try and restore my full backup? I am guessing the deletion of the System Save Files is likely more to blame than replacing the PRODINFO as it was from my original backup?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.

Earlier this week one of my kids booted the Switch up in OFW so he could play his Animal Crossing, I also noticed then that the system had updated to 12.0.0. No problem as it gets updated all the time.
Also when booting up OFW it would warn there was a corrupt game on the SD Card and wanted to delete it, and wouldn't mount it. So let it delete it and figured I'd down load it later.

I grabbed the latest Atmosphere, fusee-primary and Hekate from Github and updated my SD Card.
Tried firing up Atmosphere via fusee-primary and after the 2 splash screens, I got a Fatal Error; Program ID 010000000000002b. Tried a few more times via both fusee-primary and Hekate with the same results.
Tried renaming my Atmosphere Folder on the SD card and dragging in a clean copy of the latest. Same result.

Took a look around the internet and saw that the error had a few potential fixes so in the end decided to post a report on the Atmosphere Github. I got a response from SciresM (thanks if you see this) that pointed me to a resolution involving a corrupt PRODINFO/system settings save and pointed me towards an older resolved report. The solution said to mount my emuMMC's RAW GPP, System, Save Folder and delete files named 8000000000000050 and 8000000000000052.
It also suggested I probably have a corrupt PRODINFO in my emuMMC and I should restore that from a backup, making sure I restore it before regenerating the save files.
I figured it actually meant emu RAW GPP, not emuMMC's RAW GPP.

That completed, fired up Atmosphere again and this time no splash screens, just a black screen. Wanted to check OFW so switched off and let it boot to OFW and it was fine. Mounted my emu RAW GPP, System again, looked in the Save folder, expecting to see files 8000000000000050 and 8000000000000052 regenerated but they weren't.
Tried booting CFW again, still the same.

OK the Idiot part:-
Now 1am I figured I would have 1 more try and follow the steps again. This time I went into the Save Folder and files named 8000000000000050 and 8000000000000052 were there. A tiny bit of hope as I unmounted and tried to fire up Atmosphere again. Still black screen.
Now very bleary eyed I had that 1 more try and deleted the 2 files from the System Save Folder and restored PRODINFO again, then, as I was unmounting and coming out of HacDiskMount I suddenly noticed that I hadn't mounted emu RAW GPP but eMMC RAW GPP and had just deleted the 2 system save files and restored my backup of PRODINFO into the route!!!!

Now, guess what, my OFW now does the Nintendo splash screen and then a black screen, and nothing.
I tried putting the 2 System Save files back into the SYSNAND from my backup but still a black screen.

I did the long story above as I know if I just posted that I had deleted 2 system save files and replaced my PRODINFO on my SYSNAND, some will ask how on earth I managed that and I would have ended up explaining anyway.
Would anyone have any ideas if this is salvageable before I try and restore my full backup? I am guessing the deletion of the System Save Files is likely more to blame than replacing the PRODINFO as it was from my original backup?
I think you just might have to restore your eMMC backup. Also, consider using 90DNS instead of any form of PRODINFO blanking.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Whose lance