OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Taken from my other message board (I didn't feel like writing it again):

"This is kinda odd, I just felt like looking for the Omaha 98 video on Google and Youtube and I found the videos that I split up all over Youtube. I split them all up and put them on another Slipknot board along time ago. While I was doing it I was thinking about putting watermarks on them but I didn't and I now I have seen people taking it as their own on Youtube. Assholes. I did all that hard work.
mad.gif
"

Yeah I did that when I was a huge slipknot fan way back in the day. I should have put a watermark on it so people didn't take it as their own. Damnit, I feel so stupid, and a site Slipknot-Metal.com are taking it as their own content. What a bunch of assholes...

Here is one of the videos that I cut (notice the Slipknot-Metal.com watermark):

Sic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reOa70wLoFQ...feature=related

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty lame dude. Can you prove to them that you made the video? If you still have the original file you could check the date and take a screenshot or something...

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
That's pretty lame dude. Can you prove to them that you made the video? If you still have the original file you could check the date and take a screenshot or something...
No, it was too long ago. I still have the full Omaha 98 video thats altogether on a cd but not all the cuts and splits.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, thats enough...because..if you're the one that recorded it, and you didn't upload the video altogether..you can say to them that you have the real deal, and that you have video without their watermark, which proves that you're the real owner of the video.....so they should credit you or something..

Really fucked up....

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, thats enough...because..if you're the one that recorded it, and you didn't upload the video altogether..you can say to them that you have the real deal, and that you have video without their watermark, which proves that you're the real owner of the video.....so they should credit you or something..

Really fucked up....

Yeah that'll work...just do the exact cuts and make the video the same as it was when you first made it or something

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Mewgia said:
Toni Plutonij said:

Really fucked up....

Yeah that'll work...just do the exact cuts and make the video the same as it was when you first made it or something
Yeah that could work but its too much work. I am pissed but I don't think I would go that far with it. I didn't even record the video.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If you truly cared about spreading old Slipknot music videos or whatever, then you wouldn't care about watermarks.
You have the satisfaction of sharing those over Youtube and whatnot.
You can say, hey, I'm truly a Slipknot fan and I helped spread some cool videos around the internet.
Others will enjoy watching what you spread around. Is that not what you want? For others to see?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, but it makes you fee crappy when you see that other stole your video and claim that they did it!!!! And then everybody else thanks and congrats them and not you.......

People like to get credit for their own effort...

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
JPH said:
If you truly cared about spreading old Slipknot music videos or whatever, then you wouldn't care about watermarks.
You have the satisfaction of sharing those over Youtube and whatnot.
You can say, hey, I'm truly a Slipknot fan and I helped spread some cool videos around the internet.
Others will enjoy watching what you spread around. Is that not what you want? For others to see?
Yes I did care about it but I was stupid back then...

Like the new avatar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)