The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
2n0k01x.jpg

So I finally got a GBM. It's tiny! It's tinier than I thought it would be! And I've seen it before! It's smaller than the last time I saw it!
And it's great! It's awesome! Me happy
gbasp.gif

And I got a good deal on it. 'Round these parts, it was $150 brand new, and I got it for $60. Sure, there are cheaper Micros out there, in theory, but factor in the shipping and the 220V charger, and they go way over $60 so all in all this was a pretty sweet deal.

And guess who I happened to bump into on my way to meet the seller? Toni Plutonij. GBAtemp's staunchest GBM supporter
laugh.gif
So I took it as a good sign and I went over there and I bought it. I bought the shit out of it. When I buy something, it stays bought. By me. Mine.
Mine!
ph34r.gif
(My precious.)

There's just one problem, though.

5dm141.jpg

Yeah, kinda awkward. Clumsy. Clunky, you might say.

Anyone got an M3 Pro miniSD they don't need?
unsure.gif

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Congratulations man! That's a sweet deal you got there!
I was thinking of buying one for a similar price a while ago, but didn't do it because I didn't play my GBA enough anyway, why buy a new console then?
But it's just so sexy, especially with you holding it
smileipb2.png

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I've met VEHO!!!!
ohmy.gif

Today in person!
wub.gif

It was lovely, he actually confused me at first, but we got around talking pretty quick..

Just to let you know guys, he's a lot more attractive in person then in pictures..and he's just finishing one of the hardest colleges in Croatia! He's that smart.

And I love your Micro Veho, looks like it's in great condition!

I got mine off of Play-Asia, about two years ago?! I guess....It's Famicom version, got it shipped together with the belt pouch and screen protector for $80!
Your deal is pretty sweet as well....

Funny how we actually bumped into each other when you were going out to buy Nintendo handheld!!!!

And Lejla says Hi! back to you saying Hi! to her after she initially said Hi!
smile.gif

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on getting a micro. I have two of them. They are sweet. I thought it would be too small but it wasn't. The brightness of the screen is great.

What kind of M3 do you have? I have the M3 Perfect SD and mine does not stick out as much as yours.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Toni Plutonij said:
Just to let you know guys, he's a lot more attractive in person then in pictures..and he's just finishing one of the hardest colleges in Croatia! He's that smart.
Aw, shucks
blush.gif
You're too kind.

Toni's exaggerating, really. Yes, the college is pretty hard, but you don't have to be smart to finish it, you just have to be persistent. 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration or something along those lines. Not that brains wouldn't help, but even literal idiots can finish it through sheer stubbornness (I know a few; hell, seeing how loong it took me to get this far, I might be one of them
unsure.gif
).

The "attractive" part is all true, though
smileipb2.png

The Micro is in perfect condition, as good as brand new. Barely played. But come to think of it, most Micros are, because people either try it once and set it aside, or love it to bits and don't sell it at all. Usually.

@ gtmtnbiker, that's the Compact Flash version. It sticks out quite a bit. Now I'm thinking of getting something smaller. I already have an EZF4 for games, but I'd like an M3 for movies, but the Perfect version is too expensive, and I don't really need all that RAM. That's why I'm asking is anyone has a Pro version they'd be willing to sell.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Congrats on the purchase Veho!

I picked up a second hand Micro about two months ago for $AU50. Not too bad. It had a few nicks and scratches on it but I got a replacement screen direct from Nintendo and now it's perfect
smile.gif
They're really hard to find nowadays.

Here's some pics of it. I use if with my favourite GBA flashcard of all time, the EZ-Flash 3!

gbmicro1.jpg

gbmicro2.jpg

gbmicro3.jpg

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked one up for about $30 USD new last summer and for a while it was one of the best gaming purchases I'd made - sleek with the glossy black front and such a nice screen - but eventually I sold mine as I stopped playing my handhelds so much. If it weren't for the lack of GB/C compatibility, it'd probably have been the best GBA hands down.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Awww man, it's blue!
wub.gif
It's beautiful. Wanna swap?
biggrin.gif

I have to get some screen protectors and extra faceplates for it. I can already see myself putting it in the same pocket as my keys by mistake
unsure.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Aw, shucks
blush.gif
You're too kind.

Toni's exaggerating, really. Yes, the college is pretty hard, but you don't have to be smart to finish it, you just have to be persistent. 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration or something along those lines. Not that brains wouldn't help, but even literal idiots can finish it through sheer stubbornness (I know a few; hell, seeing how loong it took me to get this far, I might be one of them
unsure.gif
).

The "attractive" part is all true, though
smileipb2.png

The Micro is in perfect condition, as good as brand new. Barely played. But come to think of it, most Micros are, because people either try it once and set it aside, or love it to bits and don't sell it at all. Usually.

@ gtmtnbiker, that's the Compact Flash version. It sticks out quite a bit. Now I'm thinking of getting something smaller. I already have an EZF4 for games, but I'd like an M3 for movies, but the Perfect version is too expensive, and I don't really need all that RAM. That's why I'm asking is anyone has a Pro version they'd be willing to sell.
Hmmmm, I don't know about the Pro, but if you want to grab a Perfect version, SophosLab still has them in stock..I don't know if you know about them, it's a gaming store that has one store on Jarun and one more I know about, in Rijeka (The Tower, where Cinestar is)...I've seen M3 Perfect Lite (with GBA casing I believe) in their store in Rijeka....Price is 730 kn, but they aren't selling at all....One friend of mine managed to get them lower the price to about 400 kn (or was it even less?!?!) You might try to contact them, and see....if you manage to get it cheap, it could be really cool!

And no, really.....you have to have something in your head to finish that college, of course, stupid people always kinda manage to pass, however, you at least need talent for it in that case!
And man, you're hawt
wub.gif

tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Toni Plutonij said:
And man, you're hawt
wub.gif
You are a sexxy man yourself, Toni!
wub.gif
Heads were definitely turning when the two of us went by. Of course, that might have something to do with the fact we're both 6'5
laugh.gif

I know of Sophos. I've checked their online store a few days ago, they have the M3 Perfect miniSD for 395 kuna (roughly $80). There's a guy selling a M3/Passcard combo with two 1GB miniSD cards for 350 kuna. But it's still a lot of money just to have the card not stick out (like a sore thumb, a huge, throbbing, red, sore thumb)...
unsure.gif
Argh, decisions, decisions...

No, actually, argh, lack of money
hate2.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho said:
Toni Plutonij said:
And man, you're hawt
wub.gif
You are a sexxy man yourself, Toni!
wub.gif
Heads were definitely turning when the two of us went by. Of course, that might have something to do with the fact we're both 6'5
laugh.gif

I know of Sophos. I've checked their online store a few days ago, they have the M3 Perfect miniSD for 395 kuna (roughly $80). There's a guy selling a M3/Passcard combo with two 1GB miniSD cards for 350 kuna. But it's still a lot of money just to have the card not stick out (like a sore thumb, a huge, throbbing, red, sore thumb)...
unsure.gif
Argh, decisions, decisions...

No, actually, argh, lack of money
hate2.gif
So they actually "officially" lowered the price....Good to see, they weren't selling at all..

Well, if you ask me, it's well worth it to have everything on one cart (and not sticking out, I'd pay even more to keep that sleek perfect design of Micro)
tongue.gif

Think about it, no doubt it will pay off in the future, and countless hours of playing and watching Videos..

And let's be honest, if my little girlfriend was with us, she'd be taking all the looks, however, even two of us on our own, did fine on spreading some sexyness around the city!
laugh.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just typed a wall of text on my first impressions on the GBM, and then my PC crashed and I lost it all.
hate2.gif
So I'll just give the bullet points.

Screen is great but small but great. Way better than the GBA, even a bit better than the Phat.

The speaker is crap.

Book reader: letters too small. I hope I can get used to them.

M3 CF way too big. I need that miniSD version.

Overall: 9/10.

Me happy.
gbasp.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I would like to link the GBM to a GBA for multiplayer, but it's going to be a bit difficult. To do that I need a GBM Link Cable (sold out everywhere), and a GBM Conversion Connector adapter (even more sold out, everywhere). Nintendo America won't ship to Europe, and Nintendo Europe won't admit the existence of a thing called Game Boy Micro, let alone sell accessories for it.
hate2.gif

Anyone know where to find those? Halp plz, ktnx.

Nollie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice to know you're happy with your Micro! I still can't put the thing down.

Like you I've also had a huge problem trying to find any accessories for it in the UK.
Few months ago I tried finding a link cable adapter but found nothing.

My Micro has a small, though very annoying scratch/crack on the faceplate just above the screen and would like to know if anyone also knew where I could find faceplates?

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollie said:
My Micro has a small, though very annoying scratch/crack on the faceplate just above the screen and would like to know if anyone also knew where I could find faceplates?

Did you check Nintendo's website? Look under Support and then under Replacement Parts. On the UK website, I see a "front panel" listed for 8 GBP which is pretty steep considering that it goes for $5 on the US website. I think front panel is the same as face plate but I could be wrong. On the US website, it's listed as face plate.

defor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
i bought my GameBoy Micro about half a year ago. On UK ebay, the pink one
wink.gif
It was sold cheaply -- about $45 USD. It had some light scratches on the faceplate. Sold with no charger (it would be UK charger anyway -- i'm from continental Europe so no use for me).
Later, i was desperately browsing the web to find some good flash-cart. Sadly, i found out there was only one available: EZ-Flash IV (search DX web). I didn't want the card to stick out -- Micro is such a trendy "chic" handheld. I didn't want to corrupt its perfection
smile.gif

Fortunately (and miraculously), I found some swedish web-shop selling M3 Perfect MiniSD -- maybe the last one in Europe?
wink.gif
It was rather expensive (about $70 USD including shipment). But at the end it's worth it's price -- i believe.
Later i got my EZFlash IV from DX too. I compared these two and decided to keep M3 and sell EZ4 to my friend.

Oh, and I bought new faceplates: two directly from Nintendo US shop (don't ask for the price of shipping to my country -- it tripled the price of faceplates themselves!!!) and additional two from german ebay (some cheap chinese fakes but of good overall quality).

Do not buy M3 Perfect MiniSD Pro !!! It's crippled version which has very little of memory and is not able to play GBA roms!
Also, i'm not sure if M3 Perfect Lite is suited for GBA -- isn't it for DS only and has no firmware (OS) running under GBA?

Photos of my GBM (with M3 Perfect MiniSD)

Micro01.jpg

Micro03.jpg

Micro04.jpg

Micro06.jpg

Photos of friend's GBM with (EZ-Flash IV):

150520091855.jpg

150520091854.jpg

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Your GBM looks great. Very stylish
gbasp.gif
I'm looking for extra faceplates and some screen protectors, this plastic feels like it scratches like crazy
unsure.gif
all soft-like and scratchable.

defor said:
Do not buy M3 Perfect MiniSD Pro !!! It's crippled version which has very little of memory and is not able to play GBA roms!
I know, but I would only need it for books and movies. I have an EZ Flash 4 for ROMs. I have an M3 CF that does all these things (perfectly
ph34r.gif
), but it sticks out quite a bit and kind of defeats the purpose. And an M3 miniSD is a bit expensive
unsure.gif

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
defor said:
Fortunately (and miraculously), I found some swedish web-shop selling M3 Perfect MiniSD -- maybe the last one in Europe?
wink.gif
It was rather expensive (about $70 USD including shipment). But at the end it's worth it's price -- i believe.

Welcome to the club! Where did you find the M3 Perfect MiniSD?

defor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gtmtnbiker said:
defor said:
wink.gif

Welcome to the club! Where did you find the M3 Perfect MiniSD?

Here: http://shop.01media.com/
But they don't have it now. Apparently, I bought the last one
wink.gif
(They have Pro crippled version though.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night