i got the oddest e-mail

zar713

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good day!
I am Mr. Hassan Zaki director auditing and accounting department" bank of Africa (boa) Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso .I discovered the sum of ten million, five hundred thousand dollars (usd10.5) belonging to a deceased customer of this bank the fund has been lying in a suspense account without anybody coming to put claim over the money since the account owner late, Mr Salla khat from Lebanese who was involved in the December 28th 2006 Benin car crash.

it is therefore, upon this discovery that i decided to take this ultimatum and make this business proposal to you as the fund will be release to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and i don't want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill the banking rules here stipulates that if such money remained unclaimed after five years, the money will be transferred into the bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the deceased customer was a foreigner and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.

Therefore, I am soliciting for your assistance to come forward as the next of kin. I have agreed that 40% of this money will be for you as the beneficiary respect of the provision of your account and service rendered, 60% will be for me. Then immediately the money transferred to your account from this bank, I will proceed to your country for the sharing of the fund.

Yours faithful,
Mr.Hassan Zaki - so is this true or a fail

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's real. Give them your bank details and you will be RICH!

Not really, of course. It's a scam. Have you really never seen anything like this before?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
There's no request for bank account details... no URL... this is a phail of a phishing scam

The end of the email indicates that he wanted to go to whatever country OP was in, so if OP were to further inquire it would probably turn out that the scammer would want OP to buy him a plane ticket (and probably meet him at the airport where he would then murder him).

OP: http://www.419eater.com/

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the oddest email i have ever gotten
we.png

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
Why would you trust that email? The guy's Name is "Hassan"... You know he is bad news =P

No but seriously though, it's just your average run of the mill Spam email trying to steal your information.

Fuck you man I know a Hassan and he is a great guy. Thats racist.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Schlupi said:
Why would you trust that email? The guy's Name is "Hassan"... You know he is bad news =P

No but seriously though, it's just your average run of the mill Spam email trying to steal your information.

I was kidding. Hence the =P face. But sorry if it offended you I will edit my post if it bothered you.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Schlupi said:
science said:
Schlupi said:

I was kidding. Hence the =P face. But sorry if it offended you I will edit my post if it bothered you.

I'm just bugging you haha, I honestly don't care.

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
It's just another spam...

Though I was impressed a week or so back when we got one of these in the mail, signed by some african prince and everything!!
Of course the fact that every time it mentioned an email or address was completely different to the last was a little strange...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup