I got sprint to give me the the unlock code for my Photon 4G

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by air2004, Aug 18, 2013.

1. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    How the hell do I enter this unlock code into the phone ? its been so long since I have done this .
    I already tried a foreign sim in the phone but no luck , I even changed the settings to GSM when I had the att&t sim in it .
    I'm wasnt getting any pop ups about it being the wrong sim , or asking me to enter an unlock code.
    I even tried searching for gsm networks with the att&t sim in , but it wasnt seeing any.

Do I need to deactivate service in order to get the pop up for entering the unlock code ?

2. Xotadi

Xotadi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Wales
  3. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    Sprint gave me the unlock code , but when I tried another sim card in the phone it didnt give me any pop up .
    I'm not looking to buy an unlock code when I already have it.
    I'm wondering why when I inserted the other sim , nothing happened.

4. Xotadi

Xotadi Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2013
    Wales
    Try restarting your phone with the other sim inserted

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    If it doesn't come up with a popup when you restart with the other SIM card in it, try entering one of these codes on the dial menu:
    #073887*
    or
    #786074*

6. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I tried those already , I get a voice saying the feature code is not valid :(

7. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I finally found a fourm that had the answer I was looking for , the code sprint gave me didnt work and I sure as hell am not gonna pay for a code. Looks like I will have to call them again tomorrow. But here is how to get into the unlock mode I was looking for .
    Turn your ;phone into gsm mode in call settings set a screen lock and go turn your screen off wait 15 secs and then instead of entering screen lock go to emergency dial and enter #073887* and then call it it will ask for unlock code and where did you buy your code and is your photon for usa sprint because i need to unlock mine too thanks

8. air2004
    OP

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    DOes anyone know how long the code should be ? the code I was give is only 6 digits long. I did ask him if thats all it was because I did this years ago with a nokia phone and the key was a lot longer.