Hacking i got some questions about flashcards

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just recently getting back into flashcards and etc. So im buying the "New 3Ds xl" and i was wondering what are the best flash cards to use for it because i want to download regular ds games and 3ds gmes on it and can you play online with any of them etc .

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you get a new 3ds xl, check the firmware on it. You can check by going into system setting and on top screen it will show the firmware number. Also Don't UPDATE your 3ds. If you have a firmware version number of 10.3 or lower you can downgrade it to 9.2 and jailbreak/mod it and install custom firmware (cfw). Examples of custom firmware people use here are rxtools and reinand. If you have anything higher than 10.3, you have to hard mod(requires soldering skills) it to get custom firmware.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no one uses the flash cards any more? and what are rxtools and reinand i never heard of them before

Well, do your research, use search function, or find youtube videos of people installing rxtools/reinand. There are people that do use flashcards; the only flashcards that plays 3ds games are gateway and sky3ds. Sky3ds is the crappiest and bottom of the barrel.

http://lmgtfy.com/

Last edited by cooroxd,

shaneod

Trophies
XP
Country
Sky3DS+ is the only 3ds flashcart that supports 10.4+ as far as I know.
People use NDS flashcarts all the time in the 3ds, but not 3ds flashcarts, since they have homebrew for that.

Last edited by shaneod,

wiiu more like pee u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxtools is a cfw. with this, you can install a cia installer. cia's are basically 3ds games in .cia format. So if you install rxtools on your 3ds, you will get free 3ds games. you can even install eshop games, which includes virtual console, (a feature sky3ds does not have). So the only thing youre paying for is the Sd card ( try to have one thats atleast 16gb), the features cfw have are more than the sky3ds too

dan0f3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Not everyone is comfortable with downgrading right away. Its complicated. For people that want the easiest turn-key solution, you can get a flashcard that plays DS games on your N3DS. I just went through the all the research on this thread with my fellow Temps. I'm really happy with what I got because it works with the newest N3DS system version and I can use all my old save game files from the old AKAIO/Acecard/R4 days.
The flashcards in that thread allow for DS roms only (Not 3DS roms). Wifi works great, but Nintendo discontinued the DS network.

So keep in mind that you also need a different flashcart to play 3DS roms. I got the sky3ds+ for this

r3ddevil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxtools is a cfw. with this, you can install a cia installer. cia's are basically 3ds games in .cia format. So if you install rxtools on your 3ds, you will get free 3ds games. you can even install eshop games, which includes virtual console, (a feature sky3ds does not have). So the only thing youre paying for is the Sd card ( try to have one thats atleast 16gb), the features cfw have are more than the sky3ds too
ah ok can you still play the games online if you use the cfw?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."