I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, on August 12th, I bought a few things from an eBay member. They had over 700 positive feedback, no negative, so I thought it was safe to buy a decent amount worth of stuff from this dude...

I was wrong. I, along with many others, got scammed by this fucking idiot.
http://myworld.ebay.ca/nanaimoconsignmentstore/

8 PS3 games and 2 Blu-Ray games this guy scammed for. Good thing I pay with PayPal, as I've already escalated my dispute to a claim, since the seller did not respond to any messages. There's a lot of pissed off people with this guy. It's a shame to see a power seller go downhill and make a run with tons of cash... Oh well, he fucked himself really. If he doesn't respond by Sept. 6th, the claim will be in my favour and I get all my money back.

Word of advice: don't trust eBay. I got fucked twice in a week -- 1 company was supposed to send me a PSP and never did, and now this guy. I never received the PSP and I never received my PS3 games either.

[/end rant]

--Henry

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Usually when a POWER SELLER fails to complete a transaction, it probably because something terrible has happened. Maybe his store burned down or something. I doubt seriously this guy would build up over 700 positives with no negatives and start to scam someone.

Would I be upset? Hell yes, you have every right to be. But maybe something really did go wrong.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Usually when a POWER SELLER fails to complete a transaction, it probably because something terrible has happened. Maybe his store burned down or something. I doubt seriously this guy would build up over 700 positives with no negatives and start to scam someone.

Would I be upset? Hell yes, you have every right to be. But maybe something really did go wrong.
I agree. It's quite strange... 700 positives is quite a number for someone who just wants to steal money.

Well, you get your money back, so it's not that terrible, right?

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you still might not get you money back. If he took the money out of his paypal account before you made the claim, you're SOL. He could do any number of things to keep you from getting your money back, and the only thing PP would do is made a debt on his account - that he would have to pay if he wanted to use it again. Don't get your hopes up.

madmk

Trophies
XP
Country
That sucks man :-/ You should get it back though. I've never had problems with ebay, and I've bought guitars, amps etc for around £400/500 at a time -- No troubles. You're always gonna get wankers, online behind ebay or in real life ;x Sucks.

Mucuna

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It happens.
I once had to open a paypal dispute because of an ipod never delivered to me, and I won. The guy simply didn't defend himself and had no proves of sending it to me. He had a large number of positive feedbacks too.

Wel, actually, 6 (SIX!) months later I received the ipod. I felt really bad and sent an email to the guy and paid him through western union (wich costs more to me).

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got in a dispute with a chinaman once over 2 silk ties I bought. £7 total cost. It was never resolved.

Apart from the ties I've bought.....

2x xbox 360's
3x guitars
2x PC's
19 & 27 inch LCD's
Tonnes of games
clothes
yo-yo's
Numerous other bits of crap ....

and I only ever got scammed on the ties!?

Ebay has been good to me over the years. Sorry it hasnt for you.

Rapid Dr3am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, you still might not get you money back. If he took the money out of his paypal account before you made the claim, you're SOL. He could do any number of things to keep you from getting your money back, and the only thing PP would do is made a debt on his account - that he would have to pay if he wanted to use it again. Don't get your hopes up.

Call your card issuer and file a chargeback.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ebay is great for antique stuff, just try to avoid consumer electronics at insane prices. Remember, if it looks to good to be true, it probably is!

The last bad thing I had happen on ebay was buying a 1928 book for $81, and getting a book from 1930 (Same book, wrong year. Either way, it's valued at $250-$400) A lot of people who sell older stuff don't know what they have

retman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i hate eBay. i bought a NDS Lite for £79 and when i payed the person, 3 weeks later, emailed saying they cant send the item, didn't tell me why. 2 weeks later i got a refund. 3 or so weeks i got a warning off eBay about NOT PAYING FOR THE ITEM! i clearly stated the person couldn't send the item then the report thing got closed the seller said 'sorry'.

Next day i got a 'un-paid item' strike thingy agaist my eBay account....

frown.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a word of warning. Just because Paypal decides in your favor, doesn't mean you get your money back. It only works if he still has the money in his account. I got scammed a few years back along with 2 other guys and the seller emptied his bank account and left town. So I didn't get anything back.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going off the 'if he took it from your acct you're screwed' comments...not necessarily.

If you do this very very seldomly with your CC company they'll be on your side. Basically call them and say X charge is in dispute. Let them know that you bought an item, used this service, and then the guy never mailed it nor contacted you about it. The CC company will be a tentative credit to your acct for the loss...and given they don't find solid proof you're lying, you'll keep it. I had to do that 3 years ago on a bogus charge from something out of louisiana which I've never been to nor visited, got credited the $20~ish back, end of story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"