WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily true....I got scammed twice as a SELLER.....I sold some shit to the UK and and Aussie....with no tracking cause it was like 90 for tracking via UPS. So I used USPS...both people got their items, being douches they filed disputes....according to Paypal no tracking number=no case....so I just changed my bank info. I am pretty sure the buyers got their money and the only one to get screwer is Paypal...unless they think I still owe them money.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Im more cases than you think... a power seller who suddenly goes bad is one of two things, something serious has happened (which may include death or pc stolen etc) or worse and hardest to detect: account compromised. One of my best friends recently got scammed in the UK buying a wii. The seller had over 400, zero negative and had lots of feedback for lots of wii's sold in the past.

Long story short, in one 2-week swoop, he managed around £15,000 (30,000 USD) going straight into his bank account from 360's and Wii's bought by lots of people.

What happened was the original seller had his ebay account compromised, paypal removed and instructions to wire money into a bank account. Now, i myself, seeing 400 feedback would not hesitate and go ahead with it... but after a week of not turning up, my friend contacted him, the fraud guy even replied and said it definitely was sent... he waited another week, by then it bacame obvious that it was a scam, since loads of negatives flooded in.

Ok, word of advice that has so far helped my friend one step closer to getting his money back:

A) Contact someone who he has BOUGHT something from, ask nicely if they would give you their address. Do a bit of research online and you may find his home phone number. Give them a chance, maybe something bad has happened. If they say account was hijacked, it is now a police matter.

B) Paypal are responsible, if they are going to handle money, they must be willing to co-operate with authorities and give the IP address and bank information of who is accessing the money.

C) The bank where the Paypal money is being transfered to and/or withdrawn from must have an account holder. He is liable since it is his account and so too is the bank. They must cooperate with Cops to name the account holder, address, and check video of anyone withdrawing cash from ATM.

Nobody who steals money through the internet is untraceable. With some detective work, you can get addresses, names, phone numbers and maybe even a photo...

Let me know how you get on.

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I once bought a Sidekick 1 that was in " full working condition". When I got it, it didnt fully work (scroll wheel) and asked the seller nicely to exchange it with a "Fully working, as described in the auction". He just said that there were no refunds, and sorry. WELL I filed a dispute with paypal and got my money back. Turns out he would buy them when they didnt work, and sell them as working models. He had tons of + feedback (1000+). Soon other people started to complain about the Sidekicks he was selling.

Bastard.

Good luck, it sux to be screwed, especially online
frown.gif

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
An interesting "scam" I ran into last year was a seller pocketing the insurance money. It just so happened, I have a rather stupid USPS mailman in my neighborhood. He gave my package (laptop LCD screen, $200) to someone else in the neighborhood. The tracking system at USPS marked it as "delivered at front door." After many stalls, he says he can't find the insurance form for his third-party mailer company. Then never contacts me again.

Paypal dispute went nowhere. Despite my lengthy, detailed story, providing all sorts of info that the package was lost, the seller just responded with the tracking number (no words, just the number). Paypal sides with the seller.

I kick it up to my credit card (Paypal warned me against it, saying I won't get their "customer protection" crap), and get it decided in my favor inside a few days.

Another good thing of taking a couple months to sort it all out, I got another one for around $100. The prices on them dropped significantly after the first of the year.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So is this an Ebay story time?

I was lucky that I rarely got shafted on ebay and when it happens, not a lot of money has been lost. First one was for a Sonic Birthday Pack for the DC. Lost 14GBP to a seller who never replied. Second time was when I saw a Japanese DC game and it states that it needs a bootdisc. Thinking because it was because it's a Japanese game and needs a way of running on my PAL DC, I went ahead and bought. All I got was a CD-R with the name of the game scribbled on it and being tricked into thinking it's an original game.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Glad I'm not the only one in this situation.

Yeah, I spent $350 with this guy, and some other's spent upwards of $1000 on him, so hopefully we get our money back. I contacted VISA already and let them know of the situation. Basically, since the seller has not been responding, he has until the 6th of September, and if there is no response, I win the case. If PayPal doesn't refund the full amount to my credit card, VISA will do a chargeback and then PayPal will have to deal with them -- it'll be out of my hands, but at least I'll have my money back.

Still, I am pissed about not having those 8 PS3 games... Would've been a sweet deal. I decided not to go cheap and actually buy a couple from the store, this way I'm guaranteed that a) I'll get the games, and b) the games'll work. So yesterday I went out and bought Resistance, and Ninja Gaiden -- and of course, put a preorder down on Rock Band
tongue.gif
w00t.

I'll let you guys know what happens on the 6th... Let's see if the douchebag responds to my claim.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^See that's why I said to rape em though the credit card company. I did it myself through Discover Card 2-3 years ago and now you have with Visa. NONE of those companies take any of this shit lightly and they will unless you do it often will always side with YOU. All they care about is getting paid, and if they feel you as their client got fucked they will give you the money back, and then take it out of the seller, or the sellers intermediaries ass with a charge back if honesty doesn't prevail and cash shows up before a cutoff date. That's why I said the $ you get is tentative, as they'll credit, but there's never 100% in life and that's why you get a date from them (Visa in this case) to where the money technically is solid. Because, once they rape the idiot, or the idiots patsy(paypal) with a charge to them...they got to pay or they lose their rights to further use or at least good rates from the CC company.

Basically right now you win. BUT, you also win with a fine perk. You're either screwing the idiot, or the corrupt shitheads at paypal who deserve as much regardless (check paypalsucks.com to see why as them being dicks to you is common practice.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)