1. WaterManny1

OP WaterManny1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was playing through resident evil 2 gamecube edition through nintendont on the wii u gamepad and the game's buttons were mapped fine for most of the time i played it. The issue came later when the actions you do with the a button (shoot, interact) were mapped to the b button, and the b buttons actions (running) were mapped to the y button. This happened randomly and idk why. The other buttons were also mapped differently randomy. X became A, and A became X. Anyone know why this happens? Or what triggers it?

2. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Mexico
    you pressed the select button on the gamepad.

3. WaterManny1

OP WaterManny1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Select button switches the buttons?

4. WaterManny1

OP WaterManny1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    it does on testing, thank you

5. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I think L switches the analog trigger state as well, important for Mario Sunshine.

6. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, it rotates all the face buttons one spot clockwise, pushing it again will move them back. This is because select is not a button you use in Gamecube titles, and due to the layout of the Gamecube face buttons not being perfectly mirrored with the traditional 4 face buttons, so for some it might seem more natural to move the buttons in the alt setup.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - nintendont, controls, gamepad