Won't fix I got banned on the IRC server because I put a staffer on ignore

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Vipera, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    This week I got banned by p1ngpong from the entire IRC server because I put him on ignore, claiming I broke the rules. I checked the rules and there is nothing that says I can't put a staffer on ignore. I put him on ignore because he constantly insulted my and my mother, and is a dick to whoever enters the chan with the mibbit website. I played along at first, but I couldn't take anymore of his childish behavior and so I put him on ignore.

May I ask what part of the rules have I broken, considering there is none? Especially if the only thing I did was trying to not read whatever childish tantrum he was up to? Is the stuff really going to put up with his power abuse?

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Last edited by sarkwalvein, Aug 30, 2015
    VinsCool, Attila13 and Xenon Hacks like this.
  3. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    I have messaged the admins repetedly, but I still didn't get an answer, so I made this thread. Or was yours an attempt to lick some ass?

4. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    You got banned because you are incapable of functioning in a live chat without constantly getting into fights and throwing little tantrums. You got perma banned because setting me to ignore and then constantly insulting me was the final straw. Setting an irc operator to ignore has always been banable because we can not communicate with the person and moderate them, and frankly only a butt hurt little kiddie would set an OP to ignore in the first place.

liek ur mum

5. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    Sorry, I couldn't care at all about how the staff look at me.
    It is only that when I see a drama thread, I get this childish urge to reach for some popcorn.
    And I find it disrespectful to just say that, so instead I say "hey man, this thread is drama, you shouldn't post it in public", well, at least I think so.

TheVinAnator and VinsCool like this.
  6. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    You can message the admins as much as you like, I am in charge of irc moderation.

7. Vipera
    OP

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    Moderating? What the hell are you talking about? You never moderate anything. You always insult ME and I had enough of you. You didn't ban me because "yew broke teh rules", because there is none. You banned me because you can't stand that someone fought you back. I put you on ignore because you are a disrespectful asshole. You always insult me there and my mother, even when I asked you repetedly to stop.

By the way, I'm not replying to you anymore in this thread. You are a waste of time. I am waiting for someone else of the staff to post.

8. SuperiorCarnage

SuperiorCarnage Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2015
    United States
  9. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    I gave you plenty of opportunity to chill out over a course of literally days but you completely failed to calm down. You would be in the chat now if you weren't such a baby, multiple members of the chat even told you to stop crying all over the place and just act normally. Anyway I don't understand what you expect some other staff member to say, I run irc and I barely ban anyone for any length of time these days so for me to perma ban someone from the server says a lot.

SignZ likes this.
  10. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Unamused frog

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    By the way everyone should join irc and have FUN! (excluding Vipera) :gun:

SignZ and q9p like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.