Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I basically quoted the "I am 12 & what is this" meme. Then i got modded for being under aged....plz tell me there is something wrong here. Either a mod hated my guts or they just don't know the internet. I mean...i sure as hell dont look 12 if they took the time to check my blog, but oh well. Im appealing the ban, but im kinda confused. w/e only time will tell if everything is straightened out. whats the stupidest ban u've ever heard off?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
most forums will do this, but gamespot/gamefaqs are the worst about it. There's some rule somewhere saying you need to be at least 13 to register and use the forums. Gamespot/GameFAQ mods will pretty much ban you even if you joke about it.

In fact they are probably some of the worst moderators on the Internet.

They'll ban you for whatever reason they want.

gC4Xc.jpg

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
omg that gamefaq thing is for realz? lol

yeah i mean i knew GS is pretty bad with stuff like this, but I honestly wasn't expecting something stupid like this lol. @Arnold, haha well now that you mention it i guess ur right haha. anyone else got some stupid moderation stories?

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Since you asked I think my last post there was something liek "That's idioted, would rather eat chicken figgets instead o.O!" I got a suspension so I think I called the mod a prick and then he said my ass would be banned and lo and behold I was! Forum's a joke, I woulda taken a warning or something but a week suspension for clowning? lulz

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been banned, but I have received more than one warning. They are extremely conservative. Probably more than any other forum I have ever seen on the internet.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I use to visit their forum back in the day. You had to be careful what you could say there. Not as bad as gamefaqs but spot could be strict if you trolled to hard. Luckily I just got tired of it and eventually ended up here.

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
I use to visit their forum back in the day. You had to be careful what you could say there. Not as bad as gamefaqs but spot could be strict if you trolled to hard. Luckily I just got tired of it and eventually ended up here.

"GBAtemp where all the gamespot forum rejects go"
no offence GBAtemp and dinofan01 just funny how you said that, like this was your last resort lol

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
so you got banned for attempting to troll

umad.jpg

Actually he got banned for being an underage user. GF/GS's ToS explicitly states that even joking that you are under 13 will get you banned.

Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
Actually he got banned for being an underage user. GF/GS's ToS explicitly states that even joking that you are under 13 will get you banned.
not rly
"You must be at least 13 years old to register for the Service. We do not knowingly collect any information from any users under 13 years of age, and if it is found that an underage user has fraudulently registered, their account will be blocked from using the site any further."
nothin about jokin there, but w/e lol. i've done worse stuff,but was only warned hahah. like everyone else already said though, some of those mods have EXTREME issues. its better here anyway.
tongue.gif
they probably did do me a favor

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate most "memes"... And I hate that word. The worst is, "lol u mad?", thrown around over every game I play, like way too much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1