I got banned because of Pokémon Sun/Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Aigle67, Nov 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aigle67
    OP

Aigle67 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2015
    Belgium
    So, yesterday i was playing pokémon sun (cia) online, everything was fine, but today when i try to go on my friend list i get error 002-0102. And i'm pretty sure it's because of pokémon sun (i didn't play any other games). I wanna know if it's a 15 days ban or a permanent ban.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    refer to this thread without making another post of the same thing :v

https://gbatemp.net/threads/error-002-0102-help.449019/#post-6837669

gnmmarechal, bkifft and Aigle67 like this.
  3. shadowfocus603

shadowfocus603 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    Who goes online in a pirated game a week before launch? Honestly? These are 101 basics we are talking here people.

[​IMG]

Last edited by shadowfocus603, Nov 16, 2016
    masskiss, KunoichiZ, achuk and 17 others like this.
  4. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Obviously a lot of people like to take the risk including myself

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ ☠️Grunt☠️

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Sucks to suck, that's completely your fault.

6. nicotina117

nicotina117 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2015
    United States
    Don't worry after 15 days you be able to play online again!

7. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    yep i got banned too fuck...

8. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Tis' unfortunate, but its your fault. Why play a game online a week before its launch??? Nintendo knows the only people playing this game are pirates. Seriously what did you expect? What did you reasonably expect???

Last edited by Sketchy1, Nov 16, 2016
  9. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    Well to be fair most people go online and don't get banned. But yeah, going online with an unreleased game you're looking for it...

Last edited by Redferne, Nov 16, 2016
  10. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Most people in pokemon dont get banned BC they use hacked pokemon but within legal limits. Even if its cheated, you still have the equal chance to win. Therefore there isn't really a reason to ban, I only got my pokemon "trained" faster that's all

11. hellionz

hellionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 24, 2007
    i would change the title for " i was banned because im so (insult ramdom here) "

dont blame the game, blame yourself for using a non released game and playing on internet with it

Greetings

shadowfocus603 likes this.
  12. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    uh-oh, i went on the festival plaza thing for like a minute online, hopefully i don't get banned :O
    EDIT: RIP ME :hateit:

Last edited by CitizenSnips, Nov 16, 2016
  13. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    That's because the difference between "legal" and "legit" is an invented one. By pure data definition, legal and legit Pokémon are exactly the same. I laugh at all the "legit" Trainers running around with genned teams without even realising it.

And reviewers.
    But since review copies are cartridges, Ninty can tell by the Unique IDs. CIA installs use a Unique ID generated by your console (which differs per-system, not per-game) so it's an easy sniff.

14. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    deal with it, it's your problem, not our.

15. grandem

grandem GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2008
    Gambia, The
    These are 2 different terms which mean different things. You cant just say they are the same because you want them to be the same ...

16. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    Piracy isn't related to this. If you bought your copy earlier and goes online before the official launch you will get a ban too.

17. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Somehow? I doubt it.

18. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    The cias are dumped from a cart, it is like you have the cart but installed instead of physically having it on your cart slot. If they are banning for online usage before the official launch, everyone with a physical copy (not counting reviewers) should get banned.

MajinCubyan likes this.
  19. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    Wrong. According to the raw save data, Legal and Legit are the same. It is impossible to tell the difference, because the only difference is how the data was generated. In some Pokémon games, it's possible to make the game legitimately generate illegal data through use of bugs such as the Pomeg or Rage glitches.

The difference between legal and legit is a semantic one, that arose because some people don't want to use genned 'mons. "Hacked" Pokémon are banned from all competitive play (except Smogon's Hackmons) regardless of if they were actually hacked or not. As explained, certain glitches could teach (for example) a Ditto Sketch without hacking.

But, yeah. I'd tell people not to cheat, but let's be honest. Genners were what ultimately drove the devs to give legit players Super and Hyper Training.

20. Townsperson

Townsperson GBAtemp Fan

Dec 7, 2015
    United States
    Which is why they said "by pure data definition". From the actual data, a decently generated Pokémon should be identical to a "legit" Pokémon (So long as all of the flags and markers are understood), which is why the distinction is stupid. If you can't definitively prove one way or the other, the distinction is silly and serves only to make someone feel more special. Besides, whether you spent a year making a team of 1's and 0's, or five minutes, they function the same.

To OP, yeah, probably don't go online in an unreleased game. Kind of like putting up a giant neon sign saying "I downloaded this illegally".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.