kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I broke my old ds while trying to fix another one using the bios swap method, i broke the switch that turns the ds on and i lost some of the parts for the R button on my ds and the L button on my friends, if anyone knows where i can replace the L and R button then let me know, as for the power switch, i'm ordering one in now.
ANYWAYS, to my problem now, i bought a new ds to hold me off until i fix my old one, however, the new ds won't read my r4 or m3. At first i thought that the part to read cards was simply disconnected, then i tested a real game and that worked. So, this makes me think that the ds is new and won't read r4. Can any1 tell me how i can fix this?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and your new DS is NOT a DSi right?

hmm thats odd cuz i havent heard of a DSL not being able to read flashcarts
maybe the r4 and m3 PCB (or w/e you call the part where it connects) part is dusty?
have you tried blowing on the slot 1 opening?
or make sure your r4 and m3 are still working?

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
and your new DS is NOT a DSi right?

hmm thats odd cuz i havent heard of a DSL not being able to read flashcarts
maybe the r4 and m3 PCB (or w/e you call the part where it connects) part is dusty?
have you tried blowing on the slot 1 opening?
or make sure your r4 and m3 are still working?
ya, i'm 100% sure it's a regular ds lite. Not a dsi.
I tried blowing into the ds several times, i tried the r4 on my friends ds and it worked well. So ya, i dunno what could be wrong.

kenio8185

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Raiyu245 said:
Does an error show up? If it does, what does it say? Or does hang on a black/white screen?
all that happens is the ds turns on as if there is nothing in the cartridge. You can see the option to pictochat, or change your ds settings and the other stuff.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Put a bit of folded paper between the R4 and the DS to push it closer to the contacts.

Yep, sounds like the DS is just having a hard time reading DS cards. My phat has that problem.

Also, Law, is it me or is your info showing up backwards? (i.e. your post count, where you're from and all that)

bRKcRE

Trophies
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Law said:
Put a bit of folded paper between the R4 and the DS to push it closer to the contacts.

Yep, sounds like the DS is just having a hard time reading DS cards. My phat has that problem.

Also, Law, is it me or is your info showing up backwards? (i.e. your post count, where you're from and all that)

its not just you dude...i was tripping out over that as well..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: