Homebrew I Got a New 2DS XL.

tankball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
over the past few weeks i've been geting somewhat lucky on ebay. first i DSi XL for $20 the game card reader wouldnt lock the cards in so u have to hold the game in to play but that didnt matter since i homebrewed it so i can play LovePlus. then 4 days ago i got lucky again and get this New 2DS XL u see here
0928191916_HDR.jpg

the only problem is the right trigger is dead. lucky it didnt get riped off the bored so i can take it to a repair place and get it fixed (its outside my skills of fixing) so for right now im wanting to homebrew this one also. now i did look at the 3ds hacks guide site but for this isnt all over the place for me. so i ended up looking ontop youtube and find this video called "2019 3DS / 2DS Modding Guide - All Versions SEEDMINER - Play Games From SD Card" the 2ds he has is on the same OS ver as of mine. the 3DS hacks guide says it will work for the New 2DS XL but i wanted to ask on here before i go ahead and use the video on youtube. also i can us a 64GB card to right?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You shouldn't use video guides you should use 3ds.guide
If you had a proper screwdriver you should try fixing it yourself and replace the buttons but I'm not sure if the new 2DS XL has buttons on the main board or a cable like most other DSes

tankball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't use video guides you should use 3ds.guide
If you had a proper screwdriver you should try fixing it yourself and replace the buttons but I'm not sure if the new 2DS XL has buttons on the main board or a cable like most other DSes
the buttons r on the main board so its far outside my skills. i do know that but i still want to know can i homebrew the it?

tankball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got everything up and running, now i just need to get that partial patch for love plus. im going to a post about this since i cant get it to work at all for me

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[…]now i did look at the 3ds hacks guide site but for this isnt all over the place for me. so i ended up looking ontop youtube and find this video called "2019 3DS / 2DS Modding Guide - All Versions SEEDMINER - Play Games From SD Card" the 2ds he has is on the same OS ver as of mine. the 3DS hacks guide says it will work for the New 2DS XL but i wanted to ask on here before i go ahead and use the video on youtube. also i can us a 64GB card to right?
Video guides are often outdated and/or bad and/or missing important steps. In addition to that troubleshooting on GBAtemp is a lot harder if something goes wrong because most members are familiar with 3ds.hacks.guide – but not with every video out there. Whatever guide you used, make sure to:
  • backup your NAND (and store the image on multiple storage media)
  • copy Luma3DS (boot.firm) to the NAND to make sure the N2DSXL can boot without SD
For using SDs with 64GB and bigger you have to reformat them to FAT32, 32kb cluster size. If you are Windows user with guiformat – because built-in Windows tools don’t allow this (on modern Windows).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
over the past few weeks i've been geting somewhat lucky on ebay. first i DSi XL for $20 the game card reader wouldnt lock the cards in so u have to hold the game in to play but that didnt matter since i homebrewed it so i can play LovePlus. then 4 days ago i got lucky again and get this New 2DS XL u see here
View attachment 180892
the only problem is the right trigger is dead. lucky it didnt get riped off the bored so i can take it to a repair place and get it fixed (its outside my skills of fixing) so for right now im wanting to homebrew this one also. now i did look at the 3ds hacks guide site but for this isnt all over the place for me. so i ended up looking ontop youtube and find this video called "2019 3DS / 2DS Modding Guide - All Versions SEEDMINER - Play Games From SD Card" the 2ds he has is on the same OS ver as of mine. the 3DS hacks guide says it will work for the New 2DS XL but i wanted to ask on here before i go ahead and use the video on youtube. also i can us a 64GB card to right?
You may not need to take it to a repair store. Often it's enough to use some electronics cleaner (such as IPA) and give the button (after disassembling the console so you have direct access to the button) a good scrub with a toothbrush trying to get the electronics cleaner into the cracks, and pressing the button a bunch to spread it around on the inside, then letting it dry for a while.

tankball

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that wont work, the botten doesnt click like it should. something on the inside gave out. but new love plus doesnt use the triggers in the first place so im good for now. now i want to rip the models but i havnt find anything online that tells u how to do it. even though it looks like u can

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus