maxmouse2008

OP
Trophies
Website
www.neshq.com
XP
Country
United States
So I gave my sis my R4 for christmas and I just got around to ordering my cyclo, anything I should know or anything keeping in mind i'm going from R4 Ive had since summer of 07 iirc

I've read that the EZFlash should work okay?

Does the castlevania game (its PoR right?) work fine, or do you still need the fast MicroSD

thnxs

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The EZFlash should work fine, but if you've got a newer one (Plus) then it probably won't work, because it's not supported by the Cyclo yet. They'll probably put out a fix for it soon, though.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PoR will still lock if your SD is slow.

One really nice thing about the Cyclo is that it uses the exact same save files as the R4, so you can just transfer all the games and saves over without any fiddling about with converted saves.

jessicarabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:

One really nice thing about the Cyclo is that it uses the exact same save files as the R4, so you can just transfer all the games and saves over without any fiddling about with converted saves.
Nice to know. I'm about to replace all of our R4s with Cyclo DS and that sweetens the deal (not that I've found a deal actually). With 4 R4s to replace it's much easier not worrying about converting saves.
smile.gif

eta: can I just use the same sd cards and take them out of the R4 and put them in the Cyclo ds? I'd like to find out before I order in case I need to order new sd cards.

Immortal Game

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jessicarabbit said:
Rayder said:

Nice to know. I'm about to replace all of our R4s with Cyclo DS and that sweetens the deal (not that I've found a deal actually). With 4 R4s to replace it's much easier not worrying about converting saves.
smile.gif

eta: can I just use the same sd cards and take them out of the R4 and put them in the Cyclo ds? I'd like to find out before I order in case I need to order new sd cards.
Yeah, you can use the same microsd. Just replace the R4 firmware files with Cyclo files and you're good to go.

jessicarabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok that brings up one more question. My kids listen to mp3 on their ds also. Can they do this with the cyclo and also, would I need to reload the mp3 files?

Evilwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jessicarabbit said:
Ok that brings up one more question. My kids listen to mp3 on their ds also. Can they do this with the cyclo and also, would I need to reload the mp3 files?
no just keep ever thing the same.guide to change form cyclo to r4
remove sd from r4
put cyclo frimwares on the sd
insert to cyclo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn