Hacking I got a Classic 3DS on 4.4.0-10U - Having problems installing CFW

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to do this tutorial :

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...r-firmware-to-cfw-4-5-without-gateway.378371/

The DS Flashcart I'm using is the R4 SDHC Dual Core (http://r4isdhc.hk)

First I ignored part 1 because the 3DS is already on firmware 4.4.0-10U

On part 2, I only copied GW_INSTALLER.NDS and Launcher.dat to the root directory of the MicroSD Card (In the Flashcard, not in the 3DS SD Card). Then loaded it and made it do stuff. It seemed to run fine (Installed and verified OK)

However then going to System Settings > Other settings > Profile > DS Profile, it freezes for about 5 seconds, throws me back to the Home Menu and shows the error :

"An error has occured, forcing the software to close."
"The system will restart."

This means I'm unable to run the Gateway

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? :(

I even tried going into http://go.gateway-3ds.com to run the exploit but a similar error occurs as well.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You need to put the launcher.dat on the Sd card that goes in the side of your 3ds.

And the browser exploit will not run the cfw, just make sure you have the launcher.dat on the Sd card and it will work

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, I'm now in the part where I should install "DevMenu_2x.cia" into the 3DS. (Sorta)

So I go into Settings > Other > DS Profile and the screen goes green and gets stuck there, but sometimes it goes back into the home screen after a few seconds. Is this the right screen (Am I on the CFW at this point?)

CapnSafety

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the bottom screen flashes white and it brings you back to the home screen then you are on CFW! It would be nice if it didn't look exactly the same as the sysNAND menu... Next you just have to send your 3DS devmenu(or whatever you are using) and you have it all set up.

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
More update. Well, besides trying to load the CFW (It doesn't work a lot of times.), it is still unstable. When I try to enable the Wifi before doing the DS Profile exploit, when the CFW loads, the wifi doesn't seem to work. If I try to turn off / on the wifi toggle, the CFW seems to crash. Am I doing something wrong? :(

Secondly, my old laptop which is running Windows XP doesn't seem to like ctrclient.exe and it says it's not a valid 32-bit application. Does this application require a 64 bit system or perhaps Windows 7?

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More update. Well, besides trying to load the CFW (It doesn't work a lot of times.), it is still unstable. When I try to enable the Wifi before doing the DS Profile exploit, when the CFW loads, the wifi doesn't seem to work. If I try to turn off / on the wifi toggle, the CFW seems to crash. Am I doing something wrong? :(

Secondly, my old laptop which is running Windows XP doesn't seem to like ctrclient.exe and it says it's not a valid 32-bit application. Does this application require a 64 bit system or perhaps Windows 7?

Make sure you set up your wifi stuff before running the CFW. Be sure you can connect online and all that. Once that's done, keep the wifi switch on, and boot CFW. Once it boots, completely ignore the wifi stuff. It should be connected provided it was set up and you didn't touch the switch. Make sure you hold "L" while booting it for the first time, this is to enable the wifi CIA installation.

As far as the PC program, you shouldn't run CTRclient. You should run the provided .BAT file after editing it with your 3DS's IP address and the file you'd like to install. As far as it running in win7, this shouldn't be a problem. I ran it on my Mac through wine just fine.

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep. I was using the batch file but it still spews out the error when ctrclient.exe is executed in the bat file in my old laptop. (Which has XP) , it runs fine on my gaming desktop (Which has Windows 7 64-bit).

My problems happen like this :

- If I do the exploit when the wifi switch is off, after CFW loads, trying to switch the wifi on freezes the system.
- If I do the exploit when the wifi is on, after CFW loads, the wifi status just says "enabled" but is not connected (Internet) and I cannot find the 3DS in the LAN network. Sometimes it sayd internet but trying to browse using the internet browser seems to imply the wifi is non functional. (No websites load at all. Progress bar just keeps going forever.) Trying to toggle the wifi switch freezes the system as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s