i get a blank screen when installing DOP-IOS v8

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by screw3d2, Oct 7, 2009.

Oct 7, 2009
  1. screw3d2
    OP

Newcomer screw3d2 Newbie

United States
    Hi first let me start by saying I found this site today morning and im so glad I did!

From the posts I have read everyone seems very friendly.

The problem:

All the homebrew installation has gone smoothly up until I tried to install the DOP-IOS v8, after i hit A button or accept, the screen goes blank, at first i gave it like 2 minutes to see if it would return, but it did not.

So my question is: Is DOP-IOS v8 really necessary, what is its function, and if I could keep with the rest of the installation in the homebrew menu.

Btw, I followed step by step the guide post in here in how to modify the WII for menu version 4.2 and below, I do not have a working GC controller, but I do have the console and like 3 games I wanted to play those in the Wii.

Thanks

2. illinialex24

Member illinialex24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Its not really an install and its a really useful and fairly crucial app by some recognition.

You likely pulled out your SD card and put it back in when trying to load the app.

3. screw3d2
    OP

Newcomer screw3d2 Newbie

United States
    Hey thanks for the reply after reding your post i took out the sd card, reinsert it and again, the same blank screen for some reason, any other suggestions the blank screen is been there for about 3 minutes already.

4. screw3d2
    OP

Newcomer screw3d2 Newbie

United States
    Ok after giving it about half hour of waiting in the blank screen for the DOP-IOS v8 to load (unsuccesfully), I moved on to try and install the wads, this time I get to the screen asking if I Accept and continue, I press A, then I am to choose the IOS to install, that the manual says it should be IOS249, I choose that and right after that the system freezes.

Something is not right and I would like to know if anyone else had the same problem and maybe knows how to fix it.