Hardware I fucked up the bottom screen.

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was cleaning the bottom screen with some anti-bac gel and left it overnight. Big mistake.

I did a very foolish thing, but how do I try to fix it?
Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Attachments

• WIN_20200817_16_20_51_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200817_16_20_51_Pro.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 319
Reactions: sarkwalvein

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It looks like it got inside, you can try getting it out by taking the 3DS apart and separating the screen and touch panel layers. If there's more damage then maybe you can fix it by replacing just the touch panel which shouldn't be very expensive, you should be able to see which parts are damaged after you take it apart.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like it got inside, you can try getting it out by taking the 3DS apart and separating the screen and touch panel layers. If there's more damage then maybe you can fix it by replacing just the touch panel which shouldn't be very expensive, you should be able to see which parts are damaged after you take it apart.
Ah, that's where the problem starts.
The R trigger broke, and had to be taped in place, so if I ever opened it up again, it would fall out and take me 30 minutes to get it to be detected.
I'd have to open the case up to get to the screen.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, that's where the problem starts.
The R trigger broke, and had to be taped in place, so if I ever opened it up again, it would fall out and take me 30 minutes to get it to be detected.
I'd have to open the case up to get to the screen.
Personally with a broken screen and broken shoulder, I would just be patient and look on eBay for a faulty 2ds XL with a cracked top screen so you can harvest the shoulder button and the bottom screen. £25 should be the price to aim for.

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally with a broken screen and broken shoulder, I would just be patient and look on eBay for a faulty 2ds XL with a cracked top screen so you can harvest the shoulder button and the bottom screen. £25 should be the price to aim for.
The R trigger literally got ripped off
Look at the top right of the board
Bb9Dmm4.jpg

The trigger got ripped off, leaving weird orange bits of here the solder points used to be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The R trigger barely works.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The R trigger literally got ripped off
Look at the top right of the board
Bb9Dmm4.jpg

The trigger got ripped off, leaving weird orange bits of here the solder points used to be.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The R trigger barely works.
I would probably transplant the motherboard as well but if there's tons of saves and games on it, it might be out of the question.

VMHoss

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would probably transplant the motherboard as well but if there's tons of saves and games on it, it might be out of the question.
Maybe I should get a second-hand N2DS XL and transfer the NAND to that (or do the built in system transfer)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For the record you should only use cleaning solutions or wipes designed for LCD screens to clean screens, or if you don't have that, then a damp cloth with or without mild soap should also be safe. Certain chemicals can soak through some plastics. Glass is generally considered to be safer, with the caveat that strong cleaning agents can wear down the oleophobic coating on phones these days that prevents fingerprints. But at least nothing should be able to soak through, as long as you keep it from running down the edges.

Antibacterial gel is especially problematic, as it contains moisturizers and other components that might leave residue even after evaporated.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1