Hacking I fucked up my Switch and now I can't launch games. Would appreciate help.

einfuchsdrache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So I was playing around with DevMenu and since I'm banned I figured that I could set a custom avatar pic. Tried that, crashed my console. Rebooted, saw that my icon was blank.. Tried to launch software, crashes as soon as the user list pops up. Tried editing pic in my users page, doesn't work either.
Any idea how to fix this?
I don't have a NAND Backup. I can also not use that "Skip Selection Screen" option to skip the users list because I have accounts that I can't delete because I can't unlink them.

EDIT: Someone was nice and gave me a SX OSLicense so I just decided to reset my console. Mods can close this now.

Last edited by einfuchsdrache,
Reactions: NoNAND

Addconsult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I was playing around with DevMenu and since I'm banned I figured that I could set a custom avatar pic. Tried that, crashed my console. Rebooted, saw that my icon was blank.. Tried to launch software, crashes as soon as the user list pops up. Tried editing pic in my users page, doesn't work either.
Any idea how to fix this?
I don't have a NAND Backup. I can also not use that "Skip Selection Screen" option to skip the users list because I have accounts that I can't delete because I can't unlink them.

Enter Nintendos maintenance mode and format/reinstall everything

1. Turn the console off.
  2. Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, along with the Power button, to start up the console in Maintenance Mode.
  3. Select Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data, and follow the on-screen instructions.

einfuchsdrache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Enter Nintendos maintenance mode and format/reinstall everything

1. Turn the console off.
  2. Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, along with the Power button, to start up the console in Maintenance Mode.
  3. Select Initialize Console Without Deleting Save Data, and follow the on-screen instructions.
If I do that, I'll lose all my software and all the tickets. And I can't redownload anything then because I'm banned.

D

Deleted User

If I do that, I'll lose all my software and all the tickets. And I can't redownload anything then because I'm banned.
There is another way, but, I also can't help but say, you should of had a backup. There is a program for the switch, that is called exshop or something like that.

einfuchsdrache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is another way, but, I also can't help but say, you should of had a backup. There is a program for the switch, that is called exshop or something like that.
Yes but that only works if you have the license on your console. Which I would lose if I format it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Try editing your profile picture in your users page, then restarting. If that doesn't work, use an unedited image from devmenu.
If that doesn't work, reset.
Editing the pic crashes the console aswell. Can't get into DevMenu without launching titles.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes but that only works if you have the license on your console. Which I would lose if I format it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Editing the pic crashes the console aswell. Can't get into DevMenu without launching titles.
Go into system settings > user > skip selection screen

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say "license", do you mean SX OS license? The license is not tied to your Nintendo Account and you can just move it off the SD card. Unless you're referring to a different type of "license" that I'm unaware of.

einfuchsdrache

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When you say "license", do you mean SX OS license? The license is not tied to your Nintendo Account and you can just move it off the SD card. Unless you're referring to a different type of "license" that I'm unaware of.
I was referring to the eshop license for my purchased software.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was referring to the eshop license for my purchased software.
Uh...there's no eShop license stored on the console. All of your purchases are linked to your Nintendo Account so even if you lose all of your downloaded titles, you can redownload them. Even if you're banned, you can use a tool like eXhop to redownload them and they will still work properly granted they have been verified to have been purchased in your Nintendo Account.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi: