I found out the format of samples in VOCALOID 2, 3 and 4 voicebanks. Now what?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by Tomato Hentai, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Tomato Hentai
    OP

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    I was screwing around with some .DDB files from multiple VOCALOID voicebanks in Audacity, and in doing this I discovered the encoding and sample rate of the samples inside of the .DDB files. They all use 32 bit PCM encoding, have one channel, and have a sampling rate of 22050 Hz.
    Before the samples, there's some chunk of data, I don't know what it is, but I'm guessing it's maybe a sample identifier of some sort, or something like that?
    I don't really know what I should do now.

Lycanroc and EMP Knightmare like this.
  2. VinsCool

VinsCool Detached from Reality

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Go past the chunk, dump everything in a new .wav file, and then have fun by separing samples one by one? :P

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  3. Tomato Hentai
    OP

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    That's what I've been doing, but it'd be nice to be able to do more with the samples and stuff, like maybe replacing samples, but I don't think I'll be able to make a semi-functional voicebank edit just by doing that, in fact, the voicebank may not be functional at all.

Lycanroc likes this.
  4. deepsearegret

deepsearegret Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    United States
    Hell
    Sorry for bothering, but I tried this myself, is it supposed to be in big eridian, small eridian, ect?

5. Tomato Hentai
    OP

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    I've found that the endianness doesn't matter for whatever reason. Just choose whichever.