leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a eshop bug and its a good one
biggrin.png

When you install your legit cia use Rxtools to update your emunand to the new 9.6 then after that boot your game with it go back to home then load up Eshop then click on the game that you have a legit cia of in the store it will tell you that you have it downloaded then after that turn off your 3ds put in a new SD install the rxTools and boot intoo emunand update it then go to eshop then it will let you redownload the game.

Reactions: Margen67
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I found a eshop bug and its a good one
biggrin.png

When you install your legit cia use Rxtools to update your emunand to the new 9.6 then after that boot your game with it go back to home then load up Eshop then click on the game that you have a legit cia of in the store it will tell you that you have it downloaded then after that turn off your 3ds put in a new SD install the rxTools and boot intoo emunand update it then go to eshop then it will let you redownload the game.

Interesting, I imagine the eShop assumes the .cia you installed was some title that came preinstalled on the 3DS system (i.e. Majora's Mask) and ties it to you NNID.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Interesting, I imagine the eShop assumes the .cia you installed was some title that came preinstalled on the 3DS system (i.e. Majora's Mask) and ties it to you NNID.
Preinstalled games are not tied to the NNID they are tied to the system. (if it where to let him redownload that game after he removes emunand that would be pretty cool though)

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes that's what i was thinking. Now if only we can find a way to make some legit CIA's to do this with other games but that will not happen.

Preinstalled games are not tied to the NNID they are tied to the system. (if it where to let him redownload that game after he removes emunand that would be pretty cool though)

It did i am now on legit system nand of 9.6 and in the middle of downloading AS

if this is true, ninty messed up badddd.
Yep they did and I don't think they can fix this with out missing up other accounts.

So I can link every legit cia to my eshop account and download it on a clean sysnand? :O
Yes you can!

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

At some point it does get tied to you NNID as folks have done system formats/system transfers and retained their pre-installed titles.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya the game does not show up in your download list at all tell you download it so its best if you download them so they will show up just in case they can fix this.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold up here.

This sounds no different than Gateway, and for a very good reason...

When you create your emuNAND, it simply makes an identical copy of your sysNAND. Complete with the same movable.sed and title/ticket databases. If you buy a game on one, of course it will show that you've purchased it and can then re-download it on the other... as far as the eShop knows, it's the same exact system!

Hence why people have talked about "Unlinking" the two NANDs (really you just have to system format one of the two once setting up emuNAND...)

I guarantee if you do that, none of this stuff you mention will work. :P

tl;dr this is totally expected and not Nintendo's goof-up at all

Reactions: Zidapi
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, hold up here.

This sounds no different than Gateway, and for a very good reason...

When you create your emuNAND, it simply makes an identical copy of your sysNAND. Complete with the same movable.sed and title/ticket databases. If you buy a game on one, of course it will show that you've purchased it and can then re-download it on the other... as far as the eShop knows, it's the same exact system!

Hence why people have talked about "Unlinking" the two NANDs (really you just have to system format one of the two once setting up emuNAND...)

I guarantee if you do that, none of this stuff you mention will work. :P

tl;dr this is totally expected and not Nintendo's goof-up at all

So why is the download working on the OP's sysNAND? I assume by "legit .cia" they mean a purchased game ripped from another system working on another system's NAND.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep it worked on mine and after the download got done I seen i still had BBM installed so i formated my 3ds and SD card and it is still letting me download it so that was not the case.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why is the download working on the OP's sysNAND? I assume by "legit .cia" they mean a purchased game ripped from another system working on another system's NAND.

How do you even get a "legit .cia"?

I thought you either - A. convert a .3ds to .cia format or B. buy it legally

Also, system formats do not affect the eShop! Otherwise, you would be completely SOL if you do a system format. There is an "eShop account" that's built-in, separate from your NNID. You can open the eShop, click to delete your eShop account, THEN I guarantee you it will not offer the redownload option.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
How do you even get a "legit .cia"?

I thought you either - A. convert a .3ds to .cia format or B. buy it legally

Also, system formats do not affect the eShop! Otherwise, you would be completely SOL if you do a system format. There is an "eShop account" that's built-in, separate from your NNID. You can open the eShop, click to delete your eShop account, THEN I guarantee you it will not offer the redownload option.

There are tools available to rip your purchased eShop titles for backup/reinstallation. One is called FunkyCia and when you rip it that way and install it on sysNAND it is considered legitimate. The stuff you find online isn't signed as far as I know and that is why it fails to load in sysNAND.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legit cia's are rips of preinstalled games they are sigend and for some reason when they are riped they will work on system nands but only if you are on the right system ver the game needs to run. There are only a few preinstalled games you can get the pokemon ones are RF

Reactions: polki and Margen67

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
legit cia's are rips of preinstalled games they are sigend and for some reason when they are riped they will work on system nands but only if you are on the right system ver the game needs to run.

OK, so let me get this straight.

Your system came with a game preinstalled. You converted it to a .cia file, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and the eShop still shows that you can redownload it on emuNAND?

Again, totally expected. As long as it came with your system, the eShop account that was there since you did the first system setup has that title in its "list of purchased games." If you're willing to try something (and I take no responsibility for what happens, just putting this out there), go in your eShop, settings, delete eShop account, THEN do a system format. And tell me if it still shows as being downloadable :P

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope I have the zelda link between worlds 3ds xl usa system i did not ever own any system that come with a game that was preinstalled

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
OK, so let me get this straight.

Your system came with a game preinstalled. You converted it to a .cia file, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, and the eShop still shows that you can redownload it on emuNAND?

Again, totally expected. As long as it came with your system, the eShop account that was there since you did the first system setup has that title in its "list of purchased games." If you're willing to try something (and I take no responsibility for what happens, just putting this out there), go in your eShop, settings, delete eShop account, THEN do a system format. And tell me if it still shows as being downloadable :P

Have a 3ds with preinstalled game. Make a cia of it. Install it to different 3ds. You can now redownload it from eshop on both systems.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I installed all the 7 games available for the EU region. Let's say I decide to update the console then format it. Will I be able to re-download them all from eShop or is it a one time deal?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte