Homebrew I found a eshop bug on this a good one

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There's one legit cia game that will never show up as Downloaded in the eshop, "Super Mario Bros 2 - Special Edition".
When you try that one, it doesn't say already downloaded,

Someone else try it to confirm it.

maybe because you can't buy the game+dlc all in one, on the eshop?
(so, you can only buy the game, and then the dlc separately)
that makes sense, since this 'game' is not sold on the eshop :)

Reactions: leerpsp

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
With all the recent legit cia's for EU (12 in total), i'm gonna try the next thing this weekend.
- Install everything to sysnand with GW and devmenu
- Make emunand
- update emunand with RxTools to 9.6
- Start every game 1 time
- Go into eShop and check on the installed games if it says downloaded (Optional ???)
- Take a new SD and make emunand on that (Optional ???)
- update that emunand to 9.6 with RxTools (Optional ???)
- Go to eShop and redownload all! (Optional ???)
- System Transffer the whole thing from emunand to sysnand on a 2DS (If that should work with RxTools Emunand)

I think it should be possible to do that :)

Personally, i don't think it's a bug.
What i think, since the cia's are legit, you have a legit ticket, once installed in sysnand, they get linked to your nnid, i do think you have to play them 1 time, so your 3DS knows it is used and create the needed data on your 3DS (Not going into details how ticket works, but those that know, will understand me) after that you can even system transffer your emunand to any other system. I think cearp will agree on that (he should cause he made FunkyCIA)
You do however now need RxTools to update your emunand to 9.6 to do a system transffer, i don't think you need to go into eshop to check if it says downloaded.
Also the step where you take another SD to do everything over again, but then redownload the games instead of installing the legit cia's is not really needed i think.

Reactions: Margen67

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the recent legit cia's for EU (12 in total), i'm gonna try the next thing this weekend.
- Make emunand
- Go into eShop and check on the installed games if it says downloaded (Optional)
- Take a new SD and make emunand on that (Optional)
- update that emunand to 9.6 with RxTools (Optional)
- Go to eShop and redownload all! (Optional)
- System Transffer the whole thing from emunand to sysnand on a 2DS (If that should work with RxTools Emunand)

What i think, since the cia's are legit, you have a legit ticket, once installed in sysnand, they get linked to your nnid, i do think you have to play them 1 time, so your 3DS knows it is used and create the needed data on your 3DS (Not going into details how ticket works, but those that know, will understand me) after that you can even system transffer your emunand to any other system. I think cearp will agree on that (he should cause he made FunkyCIA)
You do however now need RxTools to update your emunand to 9.6 to do a system transffer, i don't think you need to go into eshop to check if it says downloaded.
Also the step where you take another SD to do everything over again, but then redownload the games instead of installing the legit cia's is not really needed i think.

Actually it may be needed to redownload. I tried once to transfer from rx mode to system nand on another console. It didn't work like others have done it. But it seems that the redownload might be the way to do it. I will probably try it again but don't think I have time. But Nintendo does have me at like 5 days for cooling period.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
- Make emunand
- Go into eShop and check on the installed games if it says downloaded (Optional)
- Take a new SD and make emunand on that (Optional)
- update that emunand to 9.6 with RxTools (Optional)
- Go to eShop and redownload all! (Optional)

That would be perfect regarding confirmation. The only game that wont stick is Super bros 2 since it has a DLC bundled with it. All the other games a reported working fine after updating and even system transfer!

Reactions: Margen67

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So, sorry, i have a question.
Here's my case, i got a 3DSXL 4.3E that came pre-bundled with the Mario 3DLand, but i formatted it, if i setup emunand on it and link the console to my eshop account i could then redownload it to my O3DS? The ticket.db still is in the XL console? found this one

Thank you ^^

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, sorry, i have a question.
Here's my case, i got a 3DSXL 4.3E that came pre-bundled with the Mario 3DLand, but i formatted it, if i setup emunand on it and link the console to my eshop account i could then redownload it to my O3DS? The ticket.db still is in the XL console? found this one

Thank you ^^

Just redownload it from the shop being on the new fw ether on system nand or emunand

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So what I'm getting on here is that you can install CIAs on your 3DS and those get loaded into your ticket.db, give that ticket.db to somebody else to load onto their 3DS, and they can download the games from e-shop without installing CIA?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
we need more information to help, you must be doing something wrong somewhere

I'm imagining I am. Currently going like this.

2DS 9.2>Gateway>Emunand 9.2>BigBlueMenu>Install CIA file>Load up rxTools>Update Emunand>Try to load software>Software has failed to start

All through the games I dumped and converted using FC2. :unsure:

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So what I'm getting on here is that you can install CIAs on your 3DS and those get loaded into your ticket.db, give that ticket.db to somebody else to load onto their 3DS, and they can download the games from e-shop without installing CIA?

No, doesn't work that way.

This only works with games that came pre-installed on a 3DS, those have tickets not linked to your 3DS system or NNID.
So only a few games came pre-installed in 3DS bundles (Europe got the most ones)

So for example when you bought a Mario Kart 7 3DS it says cleary on the box, "Mario Kart 7 INCLUDED Pre-installed!"
3dsxlmk7.jpg

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This only works with games that came pre-installed on a 3DS, those have tickets not linked to your 3DS system or NNID.
So only a few games came pre-installed in 3DS bundles (Europe got the most ones)

So for example when you bought a Mario Kart 7 3DS it says cleary on the box, "Mario Kart 7 INCLUDED Pre-installed!"

Mmm....I see.. Ok thanks!

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is why I think the redownload will work as it will be tied to your eshop account which will transfer. But others have said it worked which I assumed they didn't go through the hassle of eshop redownload. I decided to start the redownloads this morning and finally had the 4th one finish. So now it is the waiting game of that transfer window. Hopefully an update don't come out before then.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why I think the redownload will work as it will be tied to your eshop account which will transfer. But others have said it worked which I assumed they didn't go through the hassle of eshop redownload. I decided to start the redownloads this morning and finally had the 4th one finish. So now it is the waiting game of that transfer window. Hopefully an update don't come out before then.

report back if it works and all those games still show up as re downloads for your account on a clean sysnand

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That is one way to test to see if they can fix this is if it does not work when a new update comes out then we know.

I'm Thinking that I may end up buying a new3DSXL very soon so I can install all the usa legit cia's on it with a System transfer. If only there was a way to turn the legit cia eur games to usa ones then we will be set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night