Homebrew I found a eshop bug on this a good one

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I think the most simple thing is once a lot more people abuse this, Nintendo will start to ban people for this. :P

I really doubt Nintendo cannot differentiate between systems by MAC address that should have a preinstalled game VS one which really doesn't have one. It will be a hassle but Nintendo can do it when forced to.

Like I posted above, Nintendo CAN differentiate as I recalled speaking to them about a legitimate issue months before this was possible. Basically I didn't know my NNID and the supervisor said he can just pull up my serial number. So I gave him that and he was able to do a exception data transfer as I had an unusual request. Whether or not they do ban universally I don't know. But like I also said I am sure they can flag a serial number when their system sees that console transferring the same legit games more than X number of times.

I guess the thing is just be happy with these legit games and don't be greedy to ruin it for others. Making a profit off of this is kind of thing is pointless for the trouble involved if the buyer complained. For me my purpose was only to get it on friends consoles who are always on the updated FW. They don't use flashcards but would gladly take legit eshop games if could. But I am having second thoughts of doing this a second time to test.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Like I posted above, Nintendo CAN differentiate as I recalled speaking to them about a legitimate issue months before this was possible. Basically I didn't know my NNID and the supervisor said he can just pull up my serial number. So I gave him that and he was able to do a exception data transfer as I had an unusual request. Whether or not they do ban universally I don't know. But like I also said I am sure they can flag a serial number when their system sees that console transferring the same legit games more than X number of times.

I guess the thing is just be happy with these legit games and don't be greedy to ruin it for others. Making a profit off of this is kind of thing is pointless for the trouble involved if the buyer complained. For me my purpose was only to get it on friends consoles who are always on the updated FW. They don't use flashcards but would gladly take legit eshop games if could. But I am having second thoughts of doing this a second time to test.

The thing is, let's say i have plenty of money and buy all pre-installed bundle, then again i'm to lousy to carry every console with me to play and i need to set a different nnid for every console.
To play it easy i'll do the next thing:
- Make a nnid on 1 console
- System transffer that one to another console
- Wait 7 days (cause i have to)
- System transffer that one to another console and wait again 7 days
- etc... Till i have done all 16 pre-installed bundles for Europe.

I know the pre-installed game gets system transffered, you will not see it in your redownloadable software list, but when you search the game you will be getting the option to redownload it.
I the mean time i know it's not limmited to 1 pre-installed game, what i describe above can actually be done.
So, For nintendo to be able to see if you really bought them all, the should keep track of all serials your account was ever linked to.

But like you say, the serial of the console stays the same, you can change the nnid as much as you want (system format), you can't with the serial.
And we do not now if Nintendo actually keeps track of your used serials once you unlink your nnid and link it to another console.
the pre-installed games are not linked to the serial of the console and as far as i understand, not like others to your nnid.

Reactions: cearp

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is, let's say i have plenty of money and buy all pre-installed bundle, then again i'm to lousy to carry every console with me to play and i need to set a different nnid for every console.
To play it easy i'll do the next thing:
- Make a nnid on 1 console
- System transffer that one to another console
- Wait 7 days (cause i have to)
- System transffer that one to another console and wait again 7 days
- etc... Till i have done all 16 pre-installed bundles for Europe.

I know the pre-installed game gets system transffered, you will not see it in your redownloadable software list, but when you search the game you will be getting the option to redownload it.
I the mean time i know it's not limmited to 1 pre-installed game, what i describe above can actually be done.
So, For nintendo to be able to see if you really bought them all, the should keep track of all serials your account was ever linked to.

But like you say, the serial of the console stays the same, you can change the nnid as much as you want (system format), you can't with the serial.
And we do not now if Nintendo actually keeps track of your used serials once you unlink your nnid and link it to another console.
the pre-installed games are not linked to the serial of the console and as far as i understand, not like others to your nnid.

You can go for it and try as for it working like that when i think on it I do belive it will work just fine like that 100% but seeing as it has not been tested like this I can not give a full 100% so id have to say 50/50.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Someone mentioned in another thread (or was it another forum) he had done it with 3 or 4 bundles he bought when the came out and he did system trasnffer from his old bundle to the newer bundle everytime.
He could redownload all his previous pre-installed games on latest N3DS bundle he had bought N3DS MM i think

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone mentioned in another thread (or was it another forum) he had done it with 3 or 4 bundles he bought when the came out and he did system trasnffer from his old bundle to the newer bundle everytime.
He could redownload all his previous pre-installed games on latest N3DS bundle he had bought N3DS MM i think

If your talking about using a old 3ds or 3ds xl to do the 4.5 install or gateway or what ever then have the legit cia's you downloaded show that you own them in the store like we are doing now then switching to the N3DS to redownload all of them games and play them yes I do think that will work but id do a system transfer 1st to be safe.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Nah, i took a 2DS, system transffered that to emunand as backup in case anything goes wrong, i can system transffer the emunand back to 2DS
After all the stuff needed to to, i'll system transffer everything back to 2DS, so far everythings works out, just need to wait till my 7 days are gone to system transffer back to 2DS and check out if everything really did work out like i planned :)

It should work fine on N3DS and to go easy, i would use a micro sd with sd adaptor in the olds 3DS before transffering to N3DS, this way you can easily swap the micro sd (That's what i did when i system transffered my old 3DS XL to N3DS, fully legit)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also install DSiware to your system and it runs fine (in PBT-CFW) as long as it is clean (patched over console specific identifier) and from the same region == Zelda - Four Swords!

The tutorial is on a site that cannot be named but is at the top of this search

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If anyone was wondering all the legit .cias fit on a single 16 gb SD card :ha:
nope, just shy total size for all so far is 16.3GB, this is missing Pokemon Y so for all EU legit games you would need a 32GB (although only about 18GB would be used.....if you dont mind dropping one of each of the pokemon games, say having ruby and Y and not having X and Sapphire you could fit all of them on a 16GB and leave enough space for title Updates and saves etc.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
nope, just shy total size for all so far is 16.3GB, this is missing Pokemon Y so for all EU legit games you would need a 32GB (although only about 18GB would be used.....if you dont mind dropping one of each of the pokemon games, say having ruby and Y and not having X and Sapphire you could fit all of them on a 16GB and leave enough space for title Updates and saves etc.
Weird... I managed to install them all on a 16 gb excluding omega ruby and y.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Weird... I managed to install them all on a 16 gb excluding omega ruby and y.

but for ALL of them they won't fit on a 16GB together

Reactions: guitarheroknight

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have an 8GB so looks like im going to be having to get a biger one. What sucks tho is me having just a usa system :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse