Hacking I formatted my Wii, now Okami wants to update it

Hardcore Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I updated my Wii sometime last month and I never had to install an update when I played Okami, I have a PAL Wii so I wouldn't have let it anyway, the game just loaded in.

So I format my Wii yesterday and now when I stick Okami in tonight to continue my game it won't start, it wants to do a Wii System Update. It seems my format has deleted my last update.

Very strange.

mark187

Trophies
XP
Country
Either brickblock it or if you have a Wiikey you can turn on the block update via the setup disk for 1.9s

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hardcore Gamer said:
It seems my format has deleted my last update.
Very strange.

blink.gif

How is this possible ??

Hardcore Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mark187 said:
Either brickblock it or if you have a Wiikey you can turn on the block update via the setup disk for 1.9s

Yeah, I guess I'll do that today. It just seems strange that it wants to System Update when I've already played it for 20 hours just because I formatted the Wii.

Hardcore Gamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have two copies of Brawl, one with an update and one without. I was letting someone play on my wii tonight and they put the wrong Brawl into the machine and updated it too. I walked in to see it updating halfway through so just left it to do it's thing. I got dupes but that was it.

Anyway, I thought I'd try this thing again. I formatted the Wii and then afterwards, when I put the Brawl disk in with the update, it just had 'Wii System Update' in the game channel. It wanted to update again!

So it seems you can remove these updates from game disks by formatting.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hardcore Gamer said:
I have two copies of Brawl, one with an update and one without. I was letting someone play on my wii tonight and they put the wrong Brawl into the machine and updated it too. I walked in to see it updating halfway through so just left it to do it's thing. I got dupes but that was it.

Anyway, I thought I'd try this thing again. I formatted the Wii and then afterwards, when I put the Brawl disk in with the update, it just had 'Wii System Update' in the game channel. It wanted to update again!

So it seems you can remove these updates from game disks by formatting.

you cant remove updates from the wii. Formatting must delete the memory of it having to update when you put a disc in. So it must start the process but this time it won't update, it will only check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.