Hacking I followed the 3DS Guide but not sure how to download games

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just followed the 3DS Guide for an old 3DS that had never been used before, it was on an old firmware, 4.0.0-1U.

I did everything step by step for Installing boot9strap, one things I messed up is at one point you needed to unmount the SD Card, but I had not noticed that it didn’t unmount, I hope that doesn’t screw anything up.

I reached the part where it gives you the option to do NTR CFW and BootNTR selector, but I didn’t do them because it doesn’t provide instructions, so not sure what to do with that.

Most importantly, what do I do now to download games? I remember there was an application that you could download them from straight from the 3DS.

Thank you!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I just followed the 3DS Guide for an old 3DS that had never been used before, it was on an old firmware, 4.0.0-1U.

I did everything step by step for Installing boot9strap, one things I messed up is at one point you needed to unmount the SD Card, but I had not noticed that it didn’t unmount, I hope that doesn’t screw anything up.

I reached the part where it gives you the option to do NTR CFW and BootNTR selector, but I didn’t do them because it doesn’t provide instructions, so not sure what to do with that.

Most importantly, what do I do now to download games? I remember there was an application that you could download them from straight from the 3DS.

Thank you!
FreeShop is the easiest way. You'll need to scan the QR code from *that title key site* in the FreeShop settings then restart the app, and you're ready to download games.
Paul's fork is the most up to date version of FreeShop.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FreeShop is the easiest way. You'll need to scan the QR code from *that title key site* in the FreeShop settings then restart the app, and you're ready to download games.
Paul's fork is the most up to date version of FreeShop.

Thanks, is there a guide I can follow for this part?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You don't really need one. There's only one place in the settings you can scan a QR code. You have to tick the box that says auto download whatever then press the QR code button. You can get the QR code from *that title key site* (not allowed to link to it) by clicking the green button below "Download encTitleKeys.bin"

DShunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scan the qr code for freeshop or download the cia and install it with fbi and for title keys i cannot link the site though just google search 3ds title keys its the link ending in gq

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I got free shop installed by scanning the QR code in FBI. then I found the titles site, so I’m assuming I search for what I want and then I scan the QR code again with FBI and it installs. I seem to remember on my other 3DS I had, i was able to search for the titles directly from an app on the 3DS, is that no longer available?

Side issue: I just realized I did all this on the original SD card instead of using the much larger 64GB one I bought, is there a way for me to easily copy/paste the data from the SD card in my 3DS to the new one I want to use?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so I got free shop installed by scanning the QR code in FBI. then I found the titles site, so I’m assuming I search for what I want and then I scan the QR code again with FBI and it installs. I seem to remember on my other 3DS I had, i was able to search for the titles directly from an app on the 3DS, is that no longer available?

Side issue: I just realized I did all this on the original SD card instead of using the much larger 64GB one I bought, is there a way for me to easily copy/paste the data from the SD card in my 3DS to the new one I want to use?
No, look at the noob paradise thread OP for how to have the games searchable and downloadable in freeShop.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I use/install freeShop?
quick tutorial here
  1. Open FBI, go to Remote Install, then Scan QR Code
  2. Visit https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-pauls-freeshop-fork-open-source-eshop-alternative.483159/ on your computer and scan the QR code at the beginning of the thread with your 3DS
  3. Hit A to install
  4. Google search 3DS titlekeys on your computer
  5. Click the QR code button underneath the heading 'enctitlekeys.bin'
  6. Press B on your 3DS until you get back to the main FBI menu, then hit Start to exit
  7. Open up freeShop
  8. Tap the cog icon, then the Update tab
  9. Tick the top checkbox on the touch screen
  10. Tap the little QR code button that is near the top checkbox
  11. Scan the QR code that appeared on your computer screen in step 5
  12. Press Start to exit freeShop
  13. Open up freeShop, and it is ready to use

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users