03bgood

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you remember, X&Y didn't have a X2/Y2 or Z. So I doubt Pokemon Stars is a 3rd version. I could see it being a spinoff, maybe.

They pretty much stopped the 3rd version tradition after Black and White 2. Also B&W2 came out 2 years after B&W1 if I recall.

Last edited by 03bgood,

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it'll be a third version either, because Solgaleo and Lunaala are a duo, not a trio. It'll probably be something like Pokemon Colosseum for the GameCube.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or a 3rd version adding a new legendary that we obviously don't know about and is pokebank tradable with a patch to sun/moon.
A new exclusive legendary would be a seller.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still in denial over this Pokemon Stars. Until it becomes officially announced by Nintendo, Game Freak, whoever, it doesn't exist. If it happened, I hope they go the full 3D graphics, make it better than Colosseum, XD, and Battle Revolution.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm excited that it's possibly a thing because I felt Sun/Moon was pushing the 3DS a bit further than it really needed to. Though being a 3rd version on a separate console seems kinda odd. If it's only possible to transfer Pokemon through Pokebank and not directly through trades it gets rid of the trading to complete the Pokedex aspect between Switch players, seeing that all copies of the game on that platform will have the same available Pokemon. QR codes are out of the question as well if it doesn't have the camera.

On the other hand, they're marketing this handheld as a console. Local trading will be a thing but used less than the 3DS if only because of the smaller player base at first. If wonder trade and online functions are cross platform it could work itself out.

This entire generation seems to be the 3rd game with Zygarde the Z stuff all over the place.

Reactions: Raylight

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still in denial over this Pokemon Stars. Until it becomes officially announced by Nintendo, Game Freak, whoever, it doesn't exist.
I agree. People do take rumors quite a bit too far, especially when a lot of them end up completely false.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did everyone just ignore Marshadow? It's could be a pair with Nebby.
Now that you mention it, Solgaleo & Lunala are kinda odd, due to the fact that they evolve from the same pokemon; similar to Slowbro & Slowking, Poliwrath & Politoed, ect.

EDIT: Also, I just realized that they are the 1st legendary pokemon that can evolve :wacko:

Last edited by Garblant,

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nebby, according to the lore, is the offspring of Previous Solgaleo & Lunala, who fought in the past, and the beings tat grant the four guardians their power.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm excited that it's possibly a thing because I felt Sun/Moon was pushing the 3DS a bit further than it really needed to. Though being a 3rd version on a separate console seems kinda odd. If it's only possible to transfer Pokemon through Pokebank and not directly through trades it gets rid of the trading to complete the Pokedex aspect between Switch players, seeing that all copies of the game on that platform will have the same available Pokemon. QR codes are out of the question as well if it doesn't have the camera.

On the other hand, they're marketing this handheld as a console. Local trading will be a thing but used less than the 3DS if only because of the smaller player base at first. If wonder trade and online functions are cross platform it could work itself out.

This entire generation seems to be the 3rd game with Zygarde the Z stuff all over the place.
They might just pull an or as (can't trade things newly added) which prolly wouldn't be alot. RS->E was possible, BW->B2W2 was fine XY->ORAS was OK. I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to do that for this. (Provided it exists)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They should just port Sun and Moon
Lml NO. I know Nintendo makes its $$$ by selling you the same exact shit twice, but they have never done this with a pkmn game XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte