I finally got it!!!

MeAndHax

Impolite person with some modding knowledge.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i hate to brag about stuff but i finally got it
upload_2020-7-28_14-55-5.png

yasss!! i have it!

Reactions: Stealphie

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not this again n**** is fine the other N word is not and should never be used by anyone.
That word is typically not considered fine here, there are some holdouts like the "united n**** college fund" but you definitely wouldn't wanna be caught saying the word out of that one context

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That word is typically not considered fine here, there are some holdouts like the "united n**** college fund" but you definitely wouldn't wanna be caught saying the word out of that one context
So we cant talk about the wrestler n**** Casas? Or the fact that Pokemon Black is called Pokemon n**** in other parts of the world or numerous other uses for the word n****? Nowhere did I say it was acceptable to use it in a racist manner.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we cant talk about the wrestler n**** Casas? Or the fact that Pokemon Black is called Pokemon n**** in other parts of the world or numerous other uses for the word n****? Nowhere did I say it was acceptable to use it in a racist manner.
As I said, I "here"

To use the word to refer to black people in any way is not PC anymore - using it to refer to the color black in Spanish is obviously something different

To reiterate, the word is typically not considered fine here - I am just saying if you visit the US it's best to steer away

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
As I said, I "here"

To use the word to refer to black people in any way is not PC anymore - using it to refer to the color black in Spanish is obviously something different

To reiterate, the word is typically not considered fine here - I am just saying if you visit the US it's best to steer away
Too true mate, I mainly only use it with my Spanish speaking friends. Or when helping other people learning Spanish, since its a color.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As I said, I "here"

Well that just shows how fucked up America actually is. Here in Scotland black people have no problem with the word n**** because they accept it is Spanish for black.

I really don't understand why America is so fucked up when it comes to racism and homophobia and something obviously close to my heart transphobia. Thank fuck I live in a country where all 3 seldom happen.

Reactions: GABO1423

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well that just shows how fucked up America actually is. Here in Scotland black people have no problem with the word n**** because they accept it is Spanish for black.

I really don't understand why America is so fucked up when it comes to racism and homophobia and something obviously close to my heart transphobia. Thank fuck I live in a country where all 3 seldom happen.
I mainly see that as a result of a history of racism finally catching up on some people. Since slavery was a pretty big deal here compared to other nations in the 19th Century. People feel so sorry about that awful past, and would rather not talk about it. Hence, why we have these reactions. Where I come from we also don't give a fuck about race. We even say "negrito" as a friendly way to call a black friend.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well black people make up 0.12% or about 1/1000 people in Scotland - and Scotland doesn't have a long entrenched history of racism.

So yeah, racial tension is understandably low.

But another thing is n**** in English is pronounced "Knee-grow" - but in Spanish "Nay-grow" - if you said it the Spanish way you would be less likely to offend someone.

You have to understand these words have a long history here, and just because they aren't used the same way in Scotland doesn't mean they aren't offensive to Americans.

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well black people make up 0.12% or about 1/1000 people in Scotland - and Scotland doesn't have a long entrenched history of racism.

But another thing is n**** in English is pronounced "Knee-grow" - but in Spanish "Nay-grow" - if you said it the Spanish way you would be less likely to offend someone.

You have to understand these words have a long history here, and just because they aren't used the same way in Scotland doesn't mean they aren't offensive to Americans.
Exactly, its just a consequence of the country's past. And even though Venezuela was once a huge port for the slave trade, nowadays we don't have that much problems when it comes to dealing with black people. It also helps that Venezuela is mainly a country filled with mestizos, but there's also a sizable population of white and black people as well. There is truly no defined minorities there. While in America, everyone from Latinos, Blacks, Irish, Italians, etc. have been victims of discrimination. That's just how the U.S. was, and that will be reflected in today's American society.

AmandaRose

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

See thats interesting that you are saying cause its not acceptable in one country then its not acceptable on the temp. I will remember that next time I am subjected to transphobic abuse on the temp and nothing is done about it because half the shit the staff allow here is not acceptable here and is actually illegal had it been posted by someone Scottish and not the usual Americans that abuse me. But hey now that I am done ranting lets get back on topic and back to having fun :)

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See thats interesting that you are saying cause its not acceptable in one country then its not acceptable on the temp. I will remember that next time I am subjected to transphobic abuse on the temp and nothing is done about it because half the shit the staff allow here is not acceptable here and is actually illegal had it been posted by someone Scottish and not the usual Americans that abuse me. But hey now that I am done ranting lets get back on topic and back to having fun :)
I never said it wasn't acceptable on temp :wut:

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically something is a racial slur if it's been used as a racial slur. Like I had to tell a German dude who spoke excellent English not to refer to Pakistani people as Pakis, because yes it's a convenient abbreviation that's half the syllables, but it's also got a long history in the UK as a horribly offensive slur.

When you're on an international forum you've gotta adapt to shit like this from other countries I guess.

Reactions: x65943 and GABO1423

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn