I finally got a Gateway! Im sorry, but can someone show me a good start?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Herobroski, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herobroski
    OP

Herobroski GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I finally got my gateway in the mail, and I already have a 4.5 firmware 3ds.
    I need a good start.
    I'd also like to mention im a noob at technical stuff, so keep that in mind.
    Can someone suggest to me a good and UPDATED complete guide to setting up gateway, backing up games and sysNAND, setting up emuNAND, etc? What I mean by UPDATED is since OMEGA came out, there might be new techniques or updates or ways or whatever to complement OMEGA, but honestly I was just assuming. Thank you!
    I have some questions I was confused about earlier as well...
    Why would someone back up their emuNAND?
    What are some MUST NOTS to prevent bricking or crash of my 3ds during gateway procedures?
    Since Omega came out, does that mean I have to use 2.0b1 or 2.0b2? By the way, what are these 2 things supposed to be in the first place?
    What is exFAT or FAT32

2. CJL18

CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2007
    United States

jesus christ there are stickies for this why dont people read!!!!! anways i will answer your questions

a good guide is at gateway3ds.net and just down the 2.01 omega update and extract the launcher.dat file in your root directy of your 3ds sd card that came with the 3ds. People backup there nand for that very reason EmuNAND so they can go online with retail cards and access eshop while keeping there real nand at 4.5. 2.01b and 2.0b2 are versions before omega 2.0 you dont need any of them just get omgea 2.01 and your good to go. Exfat is a format you will want to use becasuse with Exfat you can download roms bigger than 4gb and you wont have to split them up. Fat32 has a limit of 4gb so when you format your microsd just save yourself the trouble and format to exFAT.

Herobroski likes this.
  3. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    To be fair, there is no sticky that directly explains how to set up the Gateway.

link6155 and curley12 like this.
  4. Herobroski
    OP

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    its all good broskis, thank you all.

5. Herobroski
    OP

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I should've checked the stickies anyway lol

6. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    There's also a good setup guide that is part of a gateway card review, on this site. I forget the author, but its not buried too deep I think.

Also, keep your WiFi off at all times unless you're updating the emunand side, or visiting the eshop.

7. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Next time, please check the stickies.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.