Homebrew I figured out why my n3ds keeps turning off.

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turn it on, close it shut 75-90% of the way, open it back up.... blip! Turns off.

What do I do? It has Luma on it.... I want it repaired, but I don't wanna lose my stuff...

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly a loose ribbon cable. As a protective measure thing, the 3DS shuts itself off when any cable goes loose. Ribbon cables are able to slide in and out of the socket if they get unsecured, so open up the 3DS and make sure the cable coming from the screen is latched in

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly a loose ribbon cable. As a protective measure thing, the 3DS shuts itself off when any cable goes loose. Ribbon cables are able to slide in and out of the socket if they get unsecured, so open up the 3DS and make sure the cable coming from the screen is latched in
I REALLY don't feel safe doing that. Is there a repair service I can use that actually respects modders and homebrew enthusiasts?

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I REALLY don't feel safe doing that. Is there a repair service I can use that actually respects modders and homebrew enthusiasts?

Take the sd card out and send it to nintendo support

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma. Luma has it that so long as you keep it updated, you can update to the latest OFW and you can keep your homebrew with the respective payload.

Okay. Dont do the thing a said first. Nintnendo will remove luma. Your gonna have to open your device

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that really a smart move? It has Luma on it... and you know how Nintendo feels about homebrew and modding...

I just said not to. I said that becuase i thought when u said OFW as in Original Firmware. You shouldve said u have luma

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find local electronics repair guys. I know that my old workplace in a chinatown mall has a guy fixing laptops and other electronic goodies. (He has a couple of old PSPs kicking around.)
I'll try to take it tomorrow. Just to make sure I don't lose everything, how do I back up everything (Saves, eshop purchase history, games, etc)?

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try to take it tomorrow. Just to make sure I don't lose everything, how do I back up everything (Saves, eshop purchase history, games, etc)?

eshop purchases are tied to the NNID so even if you haveto replace the 3DS they can be redownloaded. use JKSM to backup the savedata (and extdata for games that use it) games unless you dump to CIA really and teh replacement if it comes to that, no real way (be it same unit under a format or if a new NNID gets tied to it games installed will go Poof! if you get your own unit back really just backup SD Contents. along w/ JKSM Save dumps. )

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eshop purchases are tied to the NNID so even if you haveto replace the 3DS they can be redownloaded. use JKSM to backup the savedata (and extdata for games that use it) games unless you dump to CIA really and teh replacement if it comes to that, no real way (be it same unit under a format or if a new NNID gets tied to it games installed will go Poof! if you get your own unit back really just backup SD Contents. along w/ JKSM Save dumps. )
Anything else I need to back up? My Nandbin, or anything similar?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1