Hacking I feel dumb now...

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now I've tried to install the DSTT firmware in a DSTT I just recieved from DX (Which does checks for official DSTT and such.). I constantly keep on getting a "Card" error on the DSTT, even though the micro SD is in place correctly. I've installed the TT menu, nothing changes. I've also changed it to be running off of Yasu and yet nothing still. Is it possible the card itself is the problem? I've also used the Panasonic driver to format it, but I was unsure to what degree am I suppose to. (I'll reformat it on maximum amount to see if it'll help), but I really want to get this thing fixed since its for a friend and not myself. Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

k3vin369

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, your DSTT may be a fake. You can check the real DSTT site here to distinguish fakes from reals; www.ndstt.com

You can also try download the DSTT Firmware 1.17 with no fake-killer off GBATemp; check the search button.

Can you also explain what you mean by "card" error? I have a DSTT, and I never experienced this error, the only errors I've experienced are: No Card?? (No SD inserted), MENU?? (No firmware on the card).

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error I have is the No Card error. I'll go and take a shot at the DSTT firmware really quickly, maybe its a kernel issue.

Also, from what I can tell, this is not a fake (The card spot is above the URL on the right side, and I also obtained it in the plastic wrap and not in the box which is the more considered fake.)

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm doing a double post, sorry.

Anyways, I loaded the 1.17 and it loaded through, but all I get is garble and a small box which is indicating loading in the left hand corner; am I missing some skin imagery or something? As long as it loads to the point in which homebrew and ROMS are able to, i'll be set to give it to my friend.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try turning on your NDS with the DSTT inserted with with no microSD card in it. You should get the "No Card" icon. Then try it again with a freshly formatted microSD card (use the Panasonic formatter, any options). You should get a "Menu?" icon.

Then follow the directions in the FAQ that is stickied at the top of the DSTT forum. Follow the directions very carefully. Particularly pay attention to the last step which tells you how to avoid corrupting your microSD card.

It's also possible that you have a bad microSD card reader (the one that comes with the DSTT is notoriously crappy), a bad microSD card, or a bad DSTT. First try using a different microSD reader and see if that helps. Then try a different microSD card if you have one.

-Bri

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The micro SD reader is the one that came bundled with the SCDSOi (DealExtreme tends to not have carts with freebies, or they do but its very rare.), so it reads everything perfectly (Or as well as it should/able.)

I also followed the guide you posted to a tee, under the assumption that this is not a fake DSTT (Which its very apparent its not, since the card holder in the card is correctly shaped and on the right side.), and right now I believe its not loading because of a incomplete menu, since it loads now but to no avail (Does the screen images like a bad t.v reception with a loading bar.). Should I try to make Yasu Menu my main menu to see if that works?

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silly question, but you did load the original DSTT 1.17 (which includes the TTMENU directory) and then loaded the DSTT w/FakeKiller (which is just TTMENU.DAT) on top of it, right?

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As in having both of them in the same folder? I believe so, yes (Everything should be in the same folder, most definatly.). Quick question; do i need to have the files on the card and not in the folder for it to read? (Its in its english directory before going to the additional main menu directory.). I'll post up a photo of my current error in a few minutes, if that helps/

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should see the "TTMENU.DAT" file and the "TTMENU" folder on the root of your microSD card. The "eng" folder should not be on your microSD card.

-Bri

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.....Well drat, I do feel dumb now. That was the problem; the DSTT couldn't read the files with the folder because the folder was within a folder, >

Virgil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
See, I told you to follow the directions very carefully! Glad you got it working!

-Bri

I was used to cards reading files within folders, and I was very new to this one xD. I do have to say, this is a very spiffy card, and I love the little micro SD face, its just cute xD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte