I feel chained down. :-(

Discussion in 'The Edge of the Forum' started by Jacklack3, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Jacklack3
    OP

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    I want to make a whole bunch of stuff but i feel like somethings stopping me from doing stuff i want to do.

First of all the only language im decent at is batch...

And every time i make a fun little project that sounds cool everyone disagrees and just say "No." or "Is this a joke?" not even saying anything on how i can approve.

Thats why i have a tiny feeling of leaving this place.

I want to stay here but if everyone punches me down i can't do it.

I used to have a friend but we got in a fight. I tried to come with plans but my other friends didn't like em. I finally found a plan but the friend i lost wouldn't just even try to see me.

I really want to make awesome projects and all sorts of stuff but everything i try just doesn't fit my needs and i can't find workarounds.

2. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    What did you expect from an Internet forums. We give brutal opinions, and rarely give help unless you ask.

3. Jacklack3
    OP

Jacklack3 ( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here

Oct 6, 2015
    Canada
    In your basement Dick Size: 5 meters.
    Well i feel like i can't make anything and i cant use workarounds!

4. CIAwesome526

CIAwesome526 Im ugly and im proud

Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    The Lake, Kalos Region
    Try hard. Ask for people's opinions on how to get better instead of if it's good. Try harder. Get a great idea. Try your best. Profit.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Unless you have been commissioned to do something for someone else (or otherwise trying to either earn a crust or fun stuff money) then if you seek the approval of others, especially those sitting anonymously on the internet, you are doing it wrong. It is possible to do projects that you enjoy and would appeal to others but that tends to come later. Don't worry though as it takes many quite some time to learn to stop caring.

When you say batch do you mean windows command line (not even powershell)? How many languages have you had a serious stab at learning*? Also you do not have to be truly amazing to do something good.

*it is said those that buy parenting books make good parents, however that is usually less because they bought a parenting book but because they are the type to buy the parenting book in the first place. The reason I bring it up here is because I often see people download a bunch of teach me programming/to program in PDFs, thumb through them and then make various claims ranging from I tried but it was hard to yeah I tried once and took it far, and if they were the time to also have to deal with completion percentages it would be a good candidate for the ever popular game of "what they say, what they really mean/really did".

Tomato Hentai likes this.