Hacking I emailed the r4i sdhc team...

branden2008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i emailed the r4i sdhc team, and the reply from them was different from before. heres the email:

r4i team: yes, two weeks around !

??
= = = = = = Original message = = = = = = =

From?branden [email protected]
[email protected]
CC??

Me: Will the update come soon?

hopefully, time will go by fast and the update will be on! cheers!
yaynds.gif

josephbloseph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
branden2008 said:
anaxs said:
thats a first
i didnt think that the "r4 team" would reply and care about r4 users
well u just email them
I think there is some confusion; I believe that (based on the use of quotes around "r4 team"), anaxs took your topic to mean that you contacted the R4 team (known to be defunct) and received a reply regarding a current card with the R4 label (known to have no connection to the original R4 team). I'm not sure where this confusion was introduced (as you clearly referred to it as the r4i sdhc team), though it is probably based on the widely held notion that all cards with R4 in their name are poorly supported fakes. As most people have been shying away from cards with the R4 label for some time now, many aren't aware that the R4i-SDHC had been updated every few weeks until just before the 1.4 update.
Thank you for your update; it would appear that you've gotten a distinctly different reply than others had been reporting. I believe other threads have speculated that the replies were automated with a pre-written response, so this is potentially an indicator that the R4i-SDHC has yet to be abandoned.

branden2008

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
josephbloseph said:
branden2008 said:
anaxs said:
thats a first
i didnt think that the "r4 team" would reply and care about r4 users
well u just email them
I think there is some confusion; I believe that (based on the use of quotes around "r4 team"), anaxs took your topic to mean that you contacted the R4 team (known to be defunct) and received a reply regarding a current card with the R4 label (known to have no connection to the original R4 team). I'm not sure where this confusion was introduced (as you clearly referred to it as the r4i sdhc team), though it is probably based on the widely held notion that all cards with R4 in their name are poorly supported fakes. As most people have been shying away from cards with the R4 label for some time now, many aren't aware that the R4i-SDHC had been updated every few weeks until just before the 1.4 update.
Thank you for your update; it would appear that you've gotten a distinctly different reply than others had been reporting. I believe other threads have speculated that the replies were automated with a pre-written response, so this is potentially an indicator that the R4i-SDHC has yet to be abandoned.
sure thing.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
The 1.10 update is clearly coming, I've read several sources about it, however most likely it won't circumvent the 1.4 firmware.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dunno if it works, but by accident, i typed in the wrong website for the R4i-sdhc (red box) www.r4isdhc.com, and i ended up at almost exactly the same website that is on the box. The only difference is, this has the V1.10B firmware on it, and in the folder, is a DS_PATCH.NDS file. I'm going to try it out, but i don't know for sure if it will work.

This is the download link:
http://www.r4isdhc.com/downloade.asp.htm

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
scrtmstr said:
i dunno if it works, but by accident, i typed in the wrong website for the R4i-sdhc (red box) www.r4isdhc.com, and i ended up at almost exactly the same website that is on the box. The only difference is, this has the V1.10B firmware on it, and in the folder, is a DS_PATCH.NDS file. I'm going to try it out, but i don't know for sure if it will work.

Somebody has already tried and no banana.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=177034

josephbloseph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:

That mistyped site has since updated to outright claim to work with the 1.4 firmware. Of course, if you look up the domain registration information, it doesn't match up with the R4i-SDHC.com registration, and has fake contact email addresses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse