I emailed the developer of nesDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by stargoonman, Mar 17, 2008.

Mar 17, 2008
  1. stargoonman
    OP

Newcomer stargoonman Member

United States
    Pocketnes is a great NES emulator for GBA, yet not for DS.

DS has a little higher resolution than GBA's which makes your playing better visually so I wanted to play NES on DS.
    Hence, I used nesDS for playing but the compatibility lacks comparing to Pocketnes.

For example, Silver Surfer or TMNT 2 does not work due to some graphic glitch issues.

So I emailed the developer of nesDs, waiting for his reply.

Hope this thing works somehow [​IMG]

You thing there is any possibility to make the developer come back?

2. RaiDesu

Member RaiDesu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think not. Usually when they stop updating, there's a good reason. And if he's bored, don't bother.

You could, however, learn to code and create your own or update his source (if released). If you're getting something for free, best not complain.

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You do realize that Loopy/Olimar/Neal has very little to do with PocketNES anymore, right? Dwedit and Flubba (mostly Dwedit) have been updating PocketNES for a long time now. NES DS is based off a version of PocketNES before Dwedit and Flubba even started working on it.

He updated NES DS once to add DLDI support, but I doubt he'll go back to actively developing it.

As for updating the sourcecode yourself, it currently requires a several thousand dollar compiler (ARM SDT) in order to compile it. Dwedit did manage to get PocketNES compiling in GCC, so a DS port of that would now be much easier for third parties to accomplish, but nobody has stepped up to the plate yet.