I dreamed that I bricked my 3DS last night

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know no one ever cares about hearing about another person's dreams, but, this was terrifying. You know what the most frightening thing about it was? Not that my 3DS was bricked. Not that I would lose my progress AGAIN on the new Phoenix Wright game.

It was the idea of having to come back here to GBATemp and report that I had a brick. I don't think I could live that down.

As a sidenote; I guessed that Gateway would release multi-ROM support today, on February 14th. At this rate, it looks like I was wrong, and there will be no multi-ROM love in my life this day.

Hold me. I'm fragile.

Reactions: Ubuntuの刀

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am amazed, as always, as the keen insight and penetrating perspicacity of random strangers on the internet, each possessed with psychoanalytical skills that would put Dr. Phil to shame. I feel like you know me so well. It's almost like having a friend.

Almost...

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I hate when I have dreams that I break my expensive devices. I usually have those dreams just after I order something online, like tablets, and handheld gaming consoles breaking. I love your comments by the way, pretty funny responses.

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am amazed, as always, as the keen insight and penetrating perspicacity of random strangers on the internet, each possessed with psychoanalytical skills that would put Dr. Phil to shame. I feel like you know me so well. It's almost like having a friend.

Almost...

Unfortunately, you cannot post your thoughts or life occurrences on the internet anymore.

People just tend to flame you because you're not talking about video-games.

What a shame..

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
I know no one ever cares about hearing about another person's dreams, but, this was terrifying. You know what the most frightening thing about it was? Not that my 3DS was bricked. Not that I would lose my progress AGAIN on the new Phoenix Wright game.

It was the idea of having to come back here to GBATemp and report that I had a brick. I don't think I could live that down.

As a sidenote; I guessed that Gateway would release multi-ROM support today, on February 14th. At this rate, it looks like I was wrong, and there will be no multi-ROM love in my life this day.

Hold me. I'm fragile.

You're a virgin aren't u?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha I hate when I have dreams that I break my expensive devices. I usually have those dreams just after I order something online, like tablets, and handheld gaming consoles breaking. I love your comments by the way, pretty funny responses.

The ultimate point of this post was to illustrate just how much the Gateway bricking fiasco has penetrated into my subconscious. Even though my 3DS is fine, I have spent so much time on GBATemp reading horror stories about people who DID brick that it is entering into my nightmares.

I just feel awful for all of the seconds that I wasted in the lives of admirable and respectable people commenting negatively on this thread. I mean, how many opportunities in life were missed, because I misappropriated the focus and time of people who would have otherwise done something magnificent with the fifteen seconds they wasted on this pointless topic?

I shall flagellate myself this evening most severely as penance, with the earnest desire that I shall be forgiven by my beloved compatriots on GBATemp.

Reactions: omgpwn666

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You poor guy. I suggest we move this thread to the EoF because then we can get away with all the comments about dreams and how relevant they are to gamers. Sometimes, if I'm playing a game and get really into it, I'll dream about it at night. Then I wake up in the morning with new resolve and get that thing done I was dreaming about. I think I remember dreaming about getting 14 million points in Super Paper Mario and getting excited about it... I also remember Martin Luther King, Jr. changing the way blacks were treated in America as a result of a dream. I'll leave before this thread turns into a psychoanalysis of people's dreams...
You're a virgin aren't u?
I was hoping not to read anything stupid today. :angry:
The ultimate point of this post was to illustrate just how much the Gateway bricking fiasco has penetrated into my subconscious. Even though my 3DS is fine, I have spent so much time on GBATemp reading horror stories about people who DID brick that it is entering into my nightmares.

I just feel awful for all of the seconds that I wasted in the lives of admirable and respectable people commenting negatively on this thread. I mean, how many opportunities in life were missed, because I misappropriated the focus and time of people who would have otherwise done something magnificent with the fifteen seconds they wasted on this pointless topic?

I shall flagellate myself this evening most severely as penance, with the earnest desire that I shall be forgiven by my beloved compatriots on GBATemp.

Dude, chill; you don't need to punish yourself because of what the people say or do on here. But like I said, unusual threads like this belong in the EoF.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major browser
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My left eyes hitting random pain for whatever reason allergy cold bring it on
    Dont know why FF is slower on my pc either. Tried all the "speed up firefox" tricks but notta.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Dont know why FF is slower on my pc either. Tried all the "speed up firefox" tricks but notta.