Hacking i downgraded from 3.4U to 3.2U...

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and it worked. But as I was going through google looking up reasons as to why my backups wouldn't work on backup loader 0.3, i discovered that when i downgraded i was supposed to use both the IOS downgrader app and the cIOS downgrader app. I had only used the cIOS downgrader app and skipped the IOS downgrader. I have version 3.2U, but my backups are failing to load (only sometimes though, which is weird. sometimes the game loads perfectly and then the next day it'll give me the ol' error 324 or 384). I also have the 3in1softmod_rev3 stuff installed, which is why my games load SOMEtimes. And yes, I'm using DVD MINUS R and i burned at 1x. Don't tell me I've got problems with my DVDs because they've been working sometimes. Anyways, my question is, did the fact that i skipped the IOS downgrader affect being able to run my backups? Thanks!

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i don't know how mods handle double-posting here, but seeing as no one was replying i decided to go ahead and install the IOS downgrader. There has still been no perfect success with my backups, they actually load sometimes but other times not. The media i'm using is perfectly fine, i use DVD-Rs burned at 1x. I've installed all the IOSs and cIOSs that i need to run the backups, but they still are not always working. any help with this?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Problems only sometimes? ==> BAD BURN!

Burning 1x? Seriously, that's from 5 years ago, burn at half of the maximum speed available.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
keganonthedunes said:
what? there's no way a speed like 1x could really mess up a game compared to 8x

Of course there is. New burners and discs are produced to burn at high speeds. The complete stuff behind this is very complicated, but fact is, most burners create coasters at low burning speeds nowadays. Burn at 8x, and do a pi/po scan on both discs and post the results here. Nero's Disc (CD-DVD) Speed tool allows you to do it.

And there's no way IOS or cIOS could have to do anything with an issue that only appears sometimes. If it's not a bad burn, it's a hardware failure.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
keganonthedunes said:
Well my CDs are meant to be burned at 16x, so why shouldn't i just burn at 16x?

This should be fine as well. I recommend half speed because it looks like an agreement between slow and fast burning. And media quality matters as well.

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'll try 8x then. Also, on the compatibility list for the backup loader, it tells me that metroid 3 is "Playable. (1:1)". Does the 1:1 part mean that i shouldn't change the IOS of the game to 249 and just leave it the way it is?

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really care about speed of burning.

Let me give you My experience for what it is worth. I have access to 3 Nintendo Wii Console systems. All systems have been updated via the Nintendo Server to 4.0, have cios Rev 10, Ran ios trucha fix thing on ios 60, and ios downgrader. None are LU 64+ whatever either.

1st has OpenWii
2nd has D2ckey
3rd has Softmod

for original wii disks.
All 3 Nintendo Wii consoles play all twenty something original wii games between us just fine. I have never had a problem booting a official original game. The Same with our originals for Gamecube games.

I have used the same GC and Wii backups on each. For 1st and 2nd Wii no problems running any disk I have ever thrown at them as long as it was single layer. For double layer Disk I had to burn a separate disk for each. One with a break and the other no break. Then they worked fine individually for the 1st and 2nd wii. Now for the

3rd... the softmod wii is sporadic. It will play some DVD+, It will play some DVD- but not all of either, it will play some Multi-disk GC disks, and others it will not play... Regardless of the Brand. I will have two of the same brand and same +/- sign with only difference being the wii game on it and 1 will work and the other will fail but both work on the other two wii. It will also not play either of my DVD Doublelayer disks, Both are Sony DVD double layer +.

My Conclusion... Hardmod better or use USB Loader which doesn't seem to have any issue on the 3rd wii at all.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know that the Wii is very picky at reading DVD-Rs? It's more picky when softmodded, you need good burns for softmods, while bad burns might run "fine" in hardmodded Wiis. I don't know why it's like this, but it is, and on ps2 it's the same.

SonicMC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
You know that the Wii is very picky at reading DVD-Rs? It's more picky when softmodded, you need good burns for softmods, while bad burns might run "fine" in hardmodded Wiis. I don't know why it's like this, but it is, and on ps2 it's the same.

I don't understand it either. It makes me want to
hate2.gif
. Instead of
gbasp.gif
. Nonetheless I agree with you. This is why I try to only use USB loader or my orginal disk on this wii. In fact all of us here put the originals by this wii and the backups by the other ones.

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i don't have a usb big enough to hold even one wii iso, so i have to stick with using the backup loader. also, i installed the read retry fix and guess what it did...MADE THE DISC READING WORSE. and i installed it using the internet, so i have no clue how to uninstall it, and when i try to load one of my games that has been working, it loads with the green screen and stuff, and then it says "disc can't be read please read manual" blahblah BEFORE it even shows that white screen that tells you how to hold the wiimote or whatever. any help with this? i'm about to give up and smash my wii with a hammer.

keganonthedunes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again, sorry bout the double post, but i figured out that the reason the games won't work anymore might be because i installed cios rev 10 so i could be able to run the usbloader, to which i found out that i don't have any usb drives larger than 4.37G anyway. if this is the problem, should i just re-install cios rev 8 and it'll overwrite rev 10?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse