I Downgraded, but probably got a FrankenFirmware on my 2ds

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MarcelFTW, Jul 16, 2016.

1. MarcelFTW
    OP

MarcelFTW Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    Somewhere in sweden
    (If I am on the wrong section, please move this post)
    For those of you that don't know what frankenfirmwares are, it's nothing else than a partial downgrade.
    I've never heard of any stories of partial downgrades on old3ds/2ds. That's why I am asking for help here.

Alright, here's the story:
    I downgraded my 2ds from 10.7 to 9.2, using Freakyhax.
    But some time during the downgrade, i got this error saying: "An error has occurred".
    I thought i was fucked, but when i tried booting it up, it worked. It even showed up that window with that home menu customization thing(Yes, i know that that it's supposed to do that, mainly because i've downgraded my N3ds XL, too, but i updated it to 11.0, don't ask why, please).
    The system settings shows 9.2.0-20(or something)E, but i believe that i only have a Frankenfirmware since it crashed during the downgrade. I don't really know when it crashed during the downgrade(so it could've been after the downgrade, but im not sure), since i was doing something else, but it did crash.
    Is there any way to see for sure that I have a frankenfirmware?
    And if I have, can I fix it without updating to 11.0?

And one more thing.
    Before you go say "google is a thing, y' know", i've googled for around two hours, by now.
    And all I see is N3dses with the same problem, but no old3dses/2dses with this problem. i am not sure if it'll work with a N3ds fix for 2ds.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You can use the downgrade checker to see if everything went okay. If not, run the downgrade again. That should fix the frankenfirmware issue.

3. MarcelFTW
    OP

MarcelFTW Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2015
    Somewhere in sweden
    Ok.
    I'll try that. I just woke up, and that's why it took me so long to reply.
    Thanks!

4. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I had the problem with an o3DS I had downgraded. Nothing wanted to work and the home menu would freeze once in a while. I reinstalled the 9.2.20 U payload to my OoT and re-did the downgrade. It finally worked and didn't crash, and the home menu was completely stable after that.