Hacking I don't want to ask these basic questions, but I am doing anyway...

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not been on here for a while and I'm not so sure about stuff I used to know. Here are my questions:

1. What EmuNAND version do I need for SNES VC?
  2. Where do I get that version? Is it the latest or will I need to use a certain game ROM?
  3. How do I safely update EmuNAND using the latest Gateway firmware, without affecting SysNAND?
  4. To update Gateway, do I just replace the old launcher.dat on the N3DS internal SD card with the new one, then turn on?
  5. My N3DS is on SysNAND 9.0 and I use the restored DS profile hack to boot EmuNAND. Do I want to be reading about the ARM9Loader exploit, or is that irrelevant for me?

Thanks

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
1. Probably the latest?
2. I dont get this question.
3. System settings.
4. Correct! :)
5. Not unless you want slightly faster boot speeds (Gateway isn't supported yet.) Also i would recommend setting up menuhax for autoboot.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1) It looks like the latest is 10.6 and Gateway 3.7.1 Beta supports that. Cool.

3 & 4) Are there simple guides on GBATemp for 3 & 4? I'm sure there used to be.

Last edited by retrospect,

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you don't know how to update emunand. Am I correct? To update emunand make sure it says "GW 9.0.0-20" in your system settings, or whatever number version you're on. If it doesn't say "GW" in front of your nand version then it isn't emunand and you're in sysnand somehow. So after double checking you're in emunand and it says "GW" then you just update from system settings, and click on other settings. On tab four, there will be an option to system update. Click that, and then it will update and it'll be all good mate.

Edit: making sure you downloaded the newest Launcher.dat from the gateway site.

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Robert. I just found the Gateway manual on their site which says the same thing. I am now reasonably confident in updating Gateway and EmuNAND, but I'll still be backing up just in case :D

Reactions: Robert McCoy

retrospect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This Gateway firmware update isn't going so well. If I put the new Launcher.dat on my EnuNAND DS card then it just starts EmnNAND without updating, even if I go into Gateway Menu via Cubic Ninja. If I use a new SD card with just Launcher.dat on it, then I get dumped back into SysNAND when I boot Gateway Mode. What am I doing wrong here?

EDIT: Actually it looks like it did update, but there was no indication of this. The menu has the newest version number at the top now

Last edited by retrospect,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P