ROM Hack I dont understand how to patch Spirit Tracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i downloaded the spirit tracks rom and the XPA patch from the official thread. i put the rom into the file in the patch and ran the bat file. it says the xdelta.exe file isnt reconizable as a internal or external command, operable program, or batch file. i keep running the bat file file and it keeps saying this. can i get some help?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to name Spirit Tracks xpa-lzst.nds or the patch can't recognize the game. Commit this to memory. Every Xdelta patch works this way, from my knowlege.

I hope this helped!
yaynds.gif

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
You have to name Spirit Tracks xpa-lzst.nds or the patch can't recognize the game. Commit this to memory. Every Xdelta patch works this way, from my knowlege.

I hope this helped!
yaynds.gif

I did that but it still says the same thing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can someone give me every step starting from the point of download on how to patch it?

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
kingtomy said:
Inunah said:

I hope this helped!
yaynds.gif

I did that but it still says the same thing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can someone give me every step starting from the point of download on how to patch it?
1. Download and unzip the patch.
2. Have a clean ROM named "xpa-lzst". The ROM must be for the US version!
3. Put the ROM in the same folder as the patch.
4. Double click "xpa-zstc".
5. You're done!

kingtomy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
kingtomy said:
Inunah said:

I hope this helped!
yaynds.gif

5. You're done!

thats what I did and its still telling me it. lemme type out exactly what it says:

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks Crack by Xenophobia
Patching...
'xdelta.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or patch file.
Done
Press any key to continue...

Thats what it says. It looks like ive done everything correctly but thats the message I keep getting. so i dunno what to do.

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Inunah said:
kingtomy said:
Inunah said:

I hope this helped!
yaynds.gif

5. You're done!The patched rom will named as"xpa-lzst-cracked.nds" and the size is 89.8mb(it is a new file)

I try it and it work..
I try to explain more clear to help you
2. Have a clean ROM and renamed it to "xpa-lzst". The ROM must be for the US version!
3. Put the renamed ROM in the same folder as the patch.
4. Double click "xpa-zstc.bat".

ravagekd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought I would comment... I had a similar issue myself, where the bat file would report that the EXE was a bad path or could not be found. It seems to me that it's an issue in Vista (god I hate this OS), even running the bat as Administrator wouldn't add the local directory to the PATH.

1. Extract the patch to the same directory as your rom
2. Rename the rom to xpa-lzst.nds
3. Manually open a cmd prompt
4. CD to the directory all your files are in
5. Run xpa-zstc.bat from the command line.

Done! Rather than error trying to find the exe, you'll notice it pause as it's processing the file. The script will properly process the rom and create the -cracked.nds version for you. Cheers! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup