Hacking I don't understand how to install WiiFlow Lite

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have just started modding my Wii, and I wanted to be able to load Wii backups from an SD card (I know, a terrible idea.). I heard that WiiFlow Lite is the good for that, so I wanted to try to do that. The problem is that I can't find any good tutorials on how to actually install WiiFlow Lite. I have a Wii on v4.3U, and I modded it using the LetterBomb method. The exact tutorial that I followed is this one. The thing is, from there, I don't know what else follows for installing WiiFlow Lite. I am so lost; I just need some help!

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From the Wiiflow Lite thread:
Simply download the latest release and extract it to your apps/wiiflow folder on SD or USB HDD. SD is recommended. Your device should be formatted to FAT32.
Put the SD card in your wii and launch Wiiflow lite from the homebrew channel, or use a forwarder to launch it from your System Menu.

Last edited by Tetsuo Shima,

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
From the Wiiflow Lite thread:

Put the SD card in your wii and launch Wiiflow lite from the homebrew channel, or use a forwarder to launch it from your System Menu.
Well, that got the application to load, but the game doesn't want to load. Is there some step that I'm missing? Maybe something that I have to do on the application itself?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use WiiBackupManager to copy them in a proper way to your storage media. And yes, using a SD/microSD/USB memory card is a really bad idea, you'll get into game loading issues very often.

One more thing, on WiiFlow you also need to configure the path to your games, or they won't even appear on the list of available ones.

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use WiiBackupManager to copy them in a proper way to your storage media. And yes, using a SD/microSD/USB memory card is a really bad idea, you'll get into game loading issues very often.

One more thing, on WiiFlow you also need to configure the path to your games, or they won't even appear on the list of available ones.
I'm outing myself as a complete noob, but from what I can tell, WiiBackupManager is a Windows program. Sadly, I have a Mac. Is there a Mac version, or some method on getting it to run on a Mac?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm outing myself as a complete noob, but from what I can tell, WiiBackupManager is a Windows program. Sadly, I have a Mac. Is there a Mac version, or some method on getting it to run on a Mac?

Sadly no.
As you discovered, WBM is a windows application, so it can't be run natively on a Mac|donalds... LOL! (Sorry had to write it... no offense meant...).

There is (if I'm not wrong) a Mac "emulator" of Windows applications that runs them "natively", but can't remember the name.
On Linux you can use Wine to run most windows applications, but on a Mac... well...

Deinexim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sadly no.
As you discovered, WBM is a windows application, so it can't be run natively on a Mac|donalds... LOL! (Sorry had to write it... no offense meant...).

There is (if I'm not wrong) a Mac "emulator" of Windows applications that runs them "natively", but can't remember the name.
On Linux you can use Wine to run most windows applications, but on a Mac... well...
Well, I guess I'll just have to start searching for a way to run Windows applications on Mac. Though, now that I have you here, I have one more question concerning WiiFlow Lite. On the original WiiFlow wiki, it says that before installing, I need to download and install d2x-v10-beta52 for slot 249 and d2x-v10-beta53alt for slot 250 (I'm assuming this is some sort of cIOS). I don't recall ever doing that, and I'm wondering if perhaps this is the reason the games crash upon load. I'm worried, however, that since I've already installed some WADS on my Wii and stuff, this might result in a bricked system. I mean, they do say that you shouldn't skip or do any steps out of order. I have BootMii and PriiLoader installed, plus I backuped my NAND, but I'm still scared. Is it safe to install this cIOS right now, or will this brick my system?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Irsa

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello. I have a problem with wiiflow lite 5.4.6, as soon as I start it from my homebrew it loads me the message and then returns to the homebrew, it always does this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free