i dont no how to solder... at all...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by modshroom128, Jan 28, 2007.

Jan 28, 2007
  1. modshroom128
    OP

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ya... so i dont no how to solder.

is it possible... in the future of coarse... for there to be a solderless solution in order to play wii backups?

what do you guys think...

2. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hate to be a prick man, but you know, you could just LEARN. Might be easier then waiting for someone to facilitate your inadequacies Definatly a skill that will help you in the future.

http://www.aaroncake.net/electronics/solder.htm
    ^give it a read, it may sound intimidating but its pretty easy to wrap your head around. Granted, surface mount stuff is harder, but I'm not an electronics buff by any measure and I've managed to solder together my own stuff. Not as hard as it sounds, especially if its just 8 pins.

3. Teun

Member Teun GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I also can't solder AT ALL, but I don't know if the Wii is the right item to practice.. [​IMG]

4. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    ^ no doubt dude, thats why you practice on something else first [​IMG] Really though, if you're not comfortable enough to solder a couple contacts, then you shouldn't be opening up your Wii in the first place right? Just my opinion.

5. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    Soldering ain't too hard. Just get a cheap soldering iron, some solder, a sponge, an old busted radio or whatever to practice on. Read a web tutorial or two. Practice every night for a week. You'll get it. Really, the intimidation factor is the hardest thing about it.

Hey, I can do it, and I'm no rocket surgeon.

6. _Mazza_

Member _Mazza_ GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Would be easier to learn, you can get a 15W solder iron kit off ebay that includes Solder Iron, Solder (with flux centre) and different size ends for the iron for about £10, then all you need if the wiinja doesn't come with it is some Kynar wire for a couple of quid for 4m

7. dsdork

Newcomer dsdork Advanced Member

United States