Gaming I dont like Donkey Kong Country Returns/Tropical Freeze?

What DKC games you like better?

• Total voters

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Completely agree with TC, cannot get into dkcr or tropical at all, the atmosphere and playability is something alien to the original.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
That is exactly how i see it (and believe it actually is), as an alien game to original donkey games.
I mean i like the originals, so it would make sense for me to try returns and TF, but since i like original and reasons i like it, i dont see any of elements of original here so... idk for who this game is made for, but its certanly NOT for donkey kong original fans.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nothing beats the glory of the classics!
yeah and its not like "of nostalgia" or "classic is always better" even when they are not, but really, original really seems like superior game.
I exclude graphics cause i consider it unimportant. They are important only visually but thats where it stops for me, so i dont include that when talking about a game.

The 3DS version fixes this.
its still the same game. while it fixes controlls (didnt know they where broken though) the 3ds version runs at 30fps.

He is just jealous lol

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I don't like about the new games is that the only animal friend is Rambi. the first game also didn't have any underwater levels.

MetoMeto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You're not alone, my friend.
I despised both Returns and Tropical Freeze.
I went through the entirety of them, and found them mediocre at best.

If at all I think none of the new DK games really capture what made the originals good at all, and I still think DKC3 was when the originals started to decline.

Even if Wise did the OST, I really don't care as much for the OST in those games, they are either rehashes of the original's OSTs or rearrangements of those that somewhat push through the meh feeling of it all.

I didn't care for them. I changed my Tropical Freeze disk for Arkham City, way better game imo, one of the best decisions I made.
Oh thanks for saying that cause i was thinking of getting arkham city!

As for the DK...well that wise guy maybe did the music, but he did the poor job imo. just because its the same person its not guaranty of quality or that it will be good.
I mean as for the returns and TF the music was really forgetable tbh. sometimes annoying and some times bland. Not like in metroid samus returns, that music is really bland, but you know, not very memorable in simple terms.

I havent played DKK 3 YET! lol so many years passed, but idk, i kinda feel even 3 is better than retruns and TF, but i cant say. i mean from what i saw the game still retains the spirit of a DKK games. Now is it better or worst from 1 and 2...i personally prefer 2 as my all time favorite.

the only thing I don't like about the new games is that the only animal friend is Rambi. the first game also didn't have any underwater levels.
I also didnt like that you need to give piggy back ride to diddy and other kongs. i with they made individual kongs to be playable in normal modes and be switched on the fly or not. That kinda annoyed me.
And yeah, more animals would certanly make it for a better game tbh.

If you count jumping into shallow waters thatn you do have (under) water "levels". xP

Reactions: ShadowOne333

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik, wise only did the music for tropical freeze. most of the songs are remixes of classic dkc songs, same as returns.

Codemastershock

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The forced motion control BS makes me not like Returns
this is the only few games that I agree with the "motion control hate" since they are so tacked on just "because it is on Wii", other games, especially Nintendo ones I think the hatred for motion controls are unwarranted. Thankfully there is a fan patch which remap commands to a Classic Controller (or play the 3DS version, but I dont like portables as much so controller patch for me)

Reactions: MyJoyConRunsHot

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still play returns almost daily. I'm an expert at the game. I have motion controls set, and they don't really bother me much. yes, there have been a few times motion controls were either not registered or messed me up, but that is pretty rare. the hardest thing imo is ducking while using the blow ability, because that requires motion controls, and it's easy to end up rolling instead. that's happened a few times. I guess I'm just used to the game. I have 200% in one of my saves, but I can't recall if I did that with the classic controller. I no longer do that. I can beat the game 100% with motion controls, not sure about 200%. 4-K is a nightmare as is the world 4 boss without getting hit.

I can beat both, at least 4K, most of the time without getting hit, but not with dk by himself usually. I died many times attempting to beat that stage again on mirror mode. hard as fuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass