The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's about my Sister's Boyfriend.

(Rant Starts Here)

My sister got a boyfriend about 4 months ago and at first he seemed like a cool guy. He played video games, knows a bit about computers, and what not.

However, there are a number of things that agitate me.

Turns out he breaks computers frequently, software and hardware wise.

I'm a very different person. I dislike having conversations to people unless I am at a party or something with nothing better to do. When I am home, I do things I want to do. He is always at the house talking to us. I don't like being distracted every 5 minutes for the several hours he is at the house.

He eats all our food. We are moving up to divided rations in our house because he simply eats about 3 times as much as any of my siblings and I. He has no job.

He is a super Christian. If anyone has seen my rants, I dislike people who devote their entire lives to Christianity. He believes that we should all follow a conduct of morality. He goes to church 4 times a week and worse, he brings it back to our house. I don't care about his religion, it's bad enough he has to rub it off on us all day. He keeps trying to persuade us that Obama is a follower of the Anti-Christ, the Earthquakes this year is Jesus coming back, God exists (little does he know that I believe a God exists but has nothing related to Christianity), that the bible is true because his interpretation of the bible is said to be true.

He acts like he can talk and write ancient Greek. He plays a flute.

He is the typical society person, certain things are wrong, certain things are right. It is wrong if you do certain things that are wrong and you must always do things that are right. Sociopaths are always wrong, people with personality disorders are always wrong and bad for a society... these kinds of things.

The worse part is, my sister is becoming like him. She goes to Church just as much, she got baptized, she is starting to pick up on his personality. She spends money she doesn't have to be with him. She starting to believe that certain things are wrong and right and she is just becoming him.

I have been through a number of relationships. I have come to realize that the best relationship I have been is when you are comfortable with yourself and with who you are and comfortable with the person you are with. I swear, she completely changed her personality to match exactly what this guys is. I was having a debate with my brother about being a sociopath (apparently I fit the traits of one as my girlfriend puts it) and how it can be good. My sister walks in with her boyfriend and immediately says "Sociopaths are bad" then quotes something from the bible as her proof.

---
Pause. If you don't know who I am, I am a highly dedicated math major and deals with extremes amount of logic. Calling that a proof made me want to shit myself.
---

That's just my side of the story. Everyone in this house has always lived up to a certain standard and this guy falls below on almost all of them (cleaning up and such). Everyone in this house has some dislike in him.

My sister is obviously not going to say anything to him and he doesn't listen when we say stuff to him. So what should I do?

We all know their relationship is not going to last, if it does, it won't be a good one. I have been through something similar and it changed me completely.

Mesiskope

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you must break him!
RockyIV_FF_300x225_021220041359.gif

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses.

You know what, I think I am going to ask if she knows that she is becoming like him. He has this thing that annoys the crap out of me, he says this one line "That's weird". Me and my brother have banned that phrase from the house because the way he says it is just so agitating. My sister will occasionally say it and me and my brother will lose it
wink.gif

My siblings aren't social. It's only typical that any guy/girl that goes for them would capture their interest =P

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talking to her is a very good idea, cheers to bob!
however, if that fails--and it might, your sister seems to be getting brainwashed slowly-- you may have to get a little more insistent, and have a family intervention.
This next part I say with complete seriousness. There is a strong likelihood that your sisters bf is of a very controlling,possibly even abusive bent, seeing as he is mega-Christian and sees every thing in black and white, if your p arents can get involved,get them involved.You do not want her involved with person.
No offence to Christians.

On a more humorous note, I doubt you are a sociopath, if you were you would not asking anything, you would simply have murdered him and dumped the body in a wood chipper.

Do not take this next statement seriously in the slightest.
You could always point your sister my way, I share your point of view on extreme Christians and I like to game, we would get along quite well. I can even cook for your family if you like.
The preceding was a joke an should be viewed as such!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao nice response! I know he is controlling, he hit one of my dogs for tripping over a snes controller cored and knocking down his SNES (which he left lying around the room) and said it was a reflex. My sister loves our animals and didn't have the courage to say anything about it to him. I told him off, but he doesn't really listen. My parents are getting involved by money reasons, we have credit cards with access to our parents credit. While I build my own line of credit, my sister still uses my parents credit. All her payments can be seen and need to be payed back, but she doesn't have a job, just IOU's.

I'm going to need you to demoralize my sister lol. She has been brainwashed. They got here to help out with Church services and she is taking this shit back into my house. I have went to church since I was 8 to like 13, don't regret not going back since (and I am 21 now)

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Three words:cut her off.
Yea she will hate you for it, but I am sure that once she cannot supporrt his unemployed ass, he will leave-- guys like him always do.
He should have been out for hitting your dog, remind her of that. If he can hit a dog, he can, and will, hit a woman-- it will just be reflex....

And about her "demoralization", you realize that you may end up wanting to murder me for my...shall we say--extreme methods...
Including, but limited to; frequent and public displays of affection, long conversations on the phone at night, double entendre, single entendre, zombie movies, holding hands, kissing, cooking for her and your family, and many more controversial techniques.

No wood chippers ok?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, I'm influencing the higher control in their relationship. I'm almost certain their relationship is going to head downhill as Christmas is approaching. None of them have jobs, they spend money they can't pay back, my parents are going to add to the stress and upon Christmas time, so much stress is going to cause stuff to blow.

Lmao @ demoralization methods. I don't mind if she is a Christian. The fact she is starting to devote her life to it is super annoying and blows the top the reason why she is devoting to it. I swear, it's like the only one place she feels accepted
wink.gif

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One major problem, if he feels like he does not have control over the relationship, he may take it out on her. Like I said earlier, it will just be a "reflex", as he so aptly put it, that he has no control over.
I may be mistaken, but I recall reading somewhere that the Christmas season has the greatest incidence of domestic abuse. I say again, I may be mistaken, I will look it up and report back.
All of this stress, will blow up, the key is to be right there to pick up the pieces, this way she doesn't go back.
This is going to sound really bad, but I'll say it anyway: the best thing you can hope for is that said bf says some really hateful things in front of your family, thus giving them good leverage with which to pry her away from him.

On, yet still another, humorous note:
She can feel accepted in my manly, warm arms as I hold her and wipe away the tears....
Send her my way....you probably won't regret it!
(lol lol lol)

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Koumori_Knight said:
One major problem, if he feels like he does not have control over the relationship, he may take it out on her. Like I said earlier, it will just be a "reflex", as he so aptly put it, that he has no control over.
I may be mistaken, but I recall reading somewhere that the Christmas season has the greatest incidence of domestic abuse. I say again, I may be mistaken, I will look it up and report back.
All of this stress, will blow up, the key is to be right there to pick up the pieces, this way she doesn't go back.
This is going to sound really bad, but I'll say it anyway: the best thing you can hope for is that said bf says some really hateful things in front of your family, thus giving them good leverage with which to pry her away from him.

On, yet still another, humorous note:
She can feel accepted in my manly, warm arms as I hold her and wipe away the tears....
Send her my way....you probably won't regret it!
(lol lol lol)

Yeah, I understand where your coming from. A relationship like this could be a turning point in someone's life. So instead of interfering, I'm going to let course take it's place. If her relationship goes to hell, I'll be happy, she won't for a bit, then she will overcome lots of things she couldn't before.

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly!

Of course, if you want to exercise your inner sociopath, I'm sure someone isn't keeping an eye on their wood chipper....
Actually, I like your idea better, much less trouble, more personal growth.
evil.gif

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Koumori_Knight said:
Exactly!

Of course, if you want to exercise your inner psychopath, I'm sure someone isn't keeping an eye on their wood chipper....
Actually, I like your idea better, much less trouble, more personal growth.
evil.gif
FTFY

Koumori_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gas powered chippers are more efficient and powerful....not as quiet, but much faster.

Luckily, you are just going to open a beer and watch the boyfriend from Hell dig his own,figurative, grave come Christmas time right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...