Hacking I don't know if I softbricked or hard bricked my N3DSXL :(

linkspotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So this is gonna be long.

- So i was trying to install a CIA on my N3DS XL (it's been CFWed, running on sysNAND 11.2) using BBM (Big Blue Menu) instead of FBI because, FBI sometimes fail to install some titles for me so yeah. Anyways, after the process was complete (installing the CIA and such) it said "f. ailed to import CIA" and then I pressed something and both of the screens went black and said "The SD Card Has Been Removed. Please press the home button(?)" and etc, and I pressed it and my 3DS booted and then all of my installed titles were gone. TLoZ: Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask, Pokemon X and etc in my games folder were gone and even BBM itself is gone.

- So another stupid thing I did. I searched if it's okay to remove my CFW and put it back into a non-modded 3DS and redo the CFW on my 3DS and I read it said that you just have to delete all the CFW stuff you use and just leave the Nintendo 3DS folder and the DCIM folder (the one with pictures and such if you have one) and that's what I did. And then I tried to do it again using the guide I used (3ds.guide) and before I did that, I remove all the stuff from my SD Card and before I did this, I formatted my SD Card again and then I put on my 3DS and then I did a system format on my 3DS as well and then I went back to doing it. I put my old Nintendo 3DS Folder (the one that came with the N3DSXL itself before I did CFWing my N3DSXL) and went to install homebrew again and then it got stuck on grey screen and then went to force it off and then when I tried to turn it on, the blue light comes on and then goes off :(

Can you guys tell me if I like did a softbrick or hardbricked my N3DSXL and tell if I can do something to fix it. I've had this N3DSXL last December (I've had it for four months now) and legit want it to get fixed :( and do I need to do a hardmod here or get someone to do a hardmod for my N3DSXL

Last edited by linkspotato,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This belongs in Flashcards & Custom Firmware.

I've reported your post requesting it be moved. You'll get better help, quicker help, there.

Best as i can tell though, unless you have a pre-system format NAND backup you can you've lost all your installed content.

Performing a system format ensured this, as it assigns the 3DS a new unique ID (the alphanumeric folder inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder).

If you have both a NAND backup and a backup of your SD card from before you formatted, you should be able to restore all of your data.

Make sure you have the Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card, this should solve the blue light issue.

Boot into emuNAND9/decrypt9 and restore the NAND backup you made before starting the CFW installation process. Good luck!

JPnintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So this is gonna be long.

- So i was trying to install a CIA on my N3DS XL (it's been CFWed, running on sysNAND 11.2) using BBM (Big Blue Menu) instead of FBI because, FBI sometimes fail to install some titles for me so yeah. Anyways, after the process was complete (installing the CIA and such) it said "f. ailed to import CIA" and then I pressed something and both of the screens went black and said "The SD Card Has Been Removed. Please press the home button(?)" and etc, and I pressed it and my 3DS booted and then all of my installed titles were gone. TLoZ: Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask, Pokemon X and etc in my games folder were gone and even BBM itself is gone.

- So another stupid thing I did. I searched if it's okay to remove my CFW and put it back into a non-modded 3DS and redo the CFW on my 3DS and I read it said that you just have to delete all the CFW stuff you use and just leave the Nintendo 3DS folder and the DCIM folder (the one with pictures and such if you have one) and that's what I did. And then I tried to do it again using the guide I used (3ds.guide) and before I did that, I remove all the stuff from my SD Card and before I did this, I formatted my SD Card again and then I put on my 3DS and then I did a system format on my 3DS as well and then I went back to doing it. I put my old Nintendo 3DS Folder (the one that came with the N3DSXL itself before I did CFWing my N3DSXL) and went to install homebrew again and then it got stuck on grey screen and then went to force it off and then when I tried to turn it on, the blue light comes on and then goes off :(

Can you guys tell me if I like did a softbrick or hardbricked my N3DSXL and tell if I can do something to fix it. I've had this N3DSXL last December (I've had it for four months now) and legit want it to get fixed :( and do I need to do a hardmod here or get someone to do a hardmod for my N3DSXL
The "on-off" led problem is because a faulty SD card (I bet the install error was for that too)
Just use another SD card and try.

linkspotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I've reported your post requesting it be moved. You'll get better help, quicker help, there.

Best as i can tell though, unless you have a pre-system format NAND backup you can you've lost all your installed content.

Performing a system format ensured this, as it assigns the 3DS a new unique ID (the alphanumeric folder inside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder).

If you have both a NAND backup and a backup of your SD card from before you formatted, you should be able to restore all of your data.

Make sure you have the Luma's arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card, this should solve the blue light issue.

Boot into emuNAND9/decrypt9 and restore the NAND backup you made before starting the CFW installation process. Good luck!

Might I add, I was also in the process of installing decrpyt9 but it took me many tries and I can't boot into decrpyt9 but thank god, thankyou and sorry I didn't know that I would've got more help if I posted it there but anyways thankyou, I'm gonna go and try what you said and yes, I do have an NAND backup like what the guide said, and the old backup of my sd card

linkspotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I FINALLY GOT IT WORKING YEEEEEES but if I remove the sd card it won't boot :/ so I have to like complete the CFW process again or...? boot to hourglass and restore my NAND backup?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
When did you install a9lh?
It seems to be installed if only putting arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the card made your 3DS boot. You already have CFW. Inject FBI into health and safety and go on from there.
Once you get fbi installed copy (not cut) and paste the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of the CTR NAND folder of FBI. This should enable you to boot without an SD card.
Don't redo the a9lh install.

linkspotato

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When did you install a9lh?
It seems to be installed if only putting arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the card made your 3DS boot. You already have CFW. Inject FBI into health and safety and go on from there.
Once you get fbi installed copy (not cut) and paste the arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of the CTR NAND folder of FBI. This should enable you to boot without an SD card.
Don't redo the a9lh install.

I did and I finally made it work again and well thankyou guys for helping :lol::D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol