Hacking i dont have nand.bin how i make hardmode

legendheaven

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont have nand.bin on 2ds how i make hardmode bricked 2ds or someones give me nand.bin download link

Attachments

• 20170114_105231.jpg
    20170114_105231.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 20170114_105236.jpg
    20170114_105236.jpg
    530 KB · Views: 489
  • 20170114_105245.jpg
    20170114_105245.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 474

mockanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm new to 3ds hacking so I'll tell you what I know and it could possibly help.

So it looks like you were trying to downgrade to 2.1 and you got softbricked? Before you do anything, try taking out your SD card and turning on your system. If it boots up, then just put the put card back in and continue with your tutorial. (And pls don't follow a video guide)

Also, according to other people, NANDS are attached to your system specifically. Using someone else's nand.bin will cause you to actually brick.

If the SD card thing doesn't work and you can't update your system using recovery mode then.. *shrugs* I'm a noob at this too. Anyways goodluck I'm sure someone else who knows more about this can help if taking out the SD card doesn't work.

Reactions: NoNAND

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardmod is just for backung up a nand or restoring it, in your situation it seems that you have a common 2ds Semi-brick which is people who factory reset their 3ds on fw 4.5 system settings or below and it asks you to move the 3D slider up and down, sorry but it's done for, good news is that 2ds"s are like $70 almost the price of a game for a PS4 or Xbox

Last edited by James310,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NANDs are encrypted with console specific keys. The best you can hope for is that it makes a good paperweight until sighax is implemented and released by someone, at which point a hardmod may be able to save it.

Until then, get another 3DS and try not to brick that one too.

Reactions: Zidapi

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Can someone with a9lh on a 2DS please do this :

1) downgrade say to 9.2 and update using recovery mode to make sure it works
2) downgrade to 4.x and format, then try recovery mode and see if it works
3) whatever happens restore a backup
4) report here the results

I just want to know for once and all whether a soft bricked 2DS can recover by updating (now that we can install CFW on the latest firmware, having to update is no longer a big deal).

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm it's interesting anyhow but wouldn't PLailect know if there were a way to recover from this without a hardmod? My common sense troubleshooting says, 2DS' lowest firmware was like 6.x (WAY after 2.1). But, the CTRNAND 2.1 file IS for a 3DS not a 2DS which did indeed have 2.1. SO my question is even if he were to update would the system itself be detected as a 2DS or a 3DS? Then that begs the question would the update cause a hardbrick (if it recognizes 2.1 on a 2DS) or would it just update normally. This is of course assuming his recover mode update error is due to the server/wi-fi. Even when I bought my 3DS out of the box I got that SAME error message like 4 times before sitting directly in front of my router to update. Try taking the battery out, it will re-enable wi-fi if it's turned off. And go sit next to your router. :D

Reactions: Quantumcat

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you don't have a NAND backup, your system is shit out of luck. You should always make and keep NAND backups.
You need a NAND backup to restore your system with a hardmod. You can not use another person's NAND on your system, that will brick your system.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Zidapi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)