i dont get it - wii ware - please help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by g.crow, Jul 5, 2008.

Jul 5, 2008
  1. g.crow
    OP

Member g.crow beide mittelfinger hoch

United States
    im not the kind of guy who likes this kind of threads, but ive been searching the forum for quite some time now and im as smart as i was before.
    i never messed around with this whole wii ware/vc releases but now i wonder if there is a step by step guide for a noob like me to help me install my wii ware titles.
    do i need a gamecube controller at all (read it in another topic).

thanks for your time and help guys

2. hjfbv1

Newcomer hjfbv1 Advanced Member

United States
    i can help [​IMG] first you need the twilight hack, i am assuming you do, then you need to find an app called the WAD manager, i downloaded mine from http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps its down near the bottom near the utillities. then you follow the directions (put .wad files in root of sd card in file wad) finnaly run through the twilight hack or HBC and tada you can download your .wad files. as to where to get them, its illeagle to get em from the internet, dumping them for a backup is ok. ok so the site you can get the .wads from is off but if you diddnt get it there are a ton of other sites have links to everything you could ever want, so just search. oh! and i missed your last Q, the WAD manager works with the wiimote.

3. g.crow
    OP

United States
    thx, i have the wads, and you shouldnt link them here [​IMG]

so its thats simple : launching the wad manager via the twilight hack and install the wads on my sd card?

4. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Wads will install in your wii. You will get a channel like you download something from wii shop.

5. g.crow
    OP

United States
    sry double post.

so all i need is twilight princess and its save, the wad manager on my sd card and the wads on my sd card?
    think i can manage this.
    thanks for being helpful

6. g.crow
    OP

United States
    itsa me again [​IMG]

i need some help with unscrubbing in order to get TP to run^^
    it says i need a key.bin, where do i get this? is it unique?

thx^^

7. skawo96

Member skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    muahahaha use google or PM me muahahahaha

8. g.crow
    OP

United States
    everything went fine thanks to this community.

few question remain ^^

- can i safely install and play ntsc vc/wiiware titles on my pal wii, will they all work?
    - do i have to remove the channels i installed with the wadmanager or can i remove them from the wii system menu?

greets

9. CambridgeGuy

Member CambridgeGuy GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    -wiiware games are region locked, though increasing numbers are being released as region free. if they are region locked, it won't do any harm installing them to try it out, yuo just get an error message when trying to play. you can easily make a wad region free yourself using freethewads, though not everything seems to work froperly with this.
    -as for removing channels, the wadmanager is better as it will remove all traces of a game. using the wii menu will leave behind a "ticket", a small file designed to show the wii shop that you've bought this game and you can redownload it (though they no longer rely on this method anymore). having a ticket file will also allow you to have saves for that game on your wii.

10. g.crow
    OP

United States
    thank you for your help.

i ran into two games which dont work for me, protöthea, shows black screen and family table tennis, saying i dont have the right to use this channel. guess they are bad dumps?