lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
When I flashed my FW1 DS my Superpass 2 it was a cinch. I'll I did was pop in the SC SP2 and load flashme_stealth.nds. Now, however, I have a DS Lite, the same SC and SP2, but with flashme_stealth.nds on the SC, it doesn't show up in the SC menu. So I tried using some IQSram.gba file to load the SRAM, but that didn't work because when I got my SP2 back in, the DS would boot up and give me two white screens after the health warning screen. I'm trying to use Warioware Inc. with my SP2 if that makes a difference - I assume it's the same game I used last time since it's my least favorite. Do I need to update something on my SP2, or something about an IQSram.sav to work with my game? Thanks.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well some definitely new and weird things have happened while experimenting. I tried renaming the flashme_stealth.nds to .gba - didn't work, that'd have been too easy. I tried loading the IQSRAM with the SP2 in, didn't work, but upon reset weird things started happening. Several times the SC started saying 1. no name (in card) 2. IQSRAM.gba and loading up the no name caused my top screen to flash weird colors that looked like a glitched up SC menu, so I tried loading it again - no dice, but then loaded the second glitched pictures, which was IQSRAM.gba and it went thru fine. Then once I popped in the SP2 and it showed Nintendogs as my NDS game (which is what's in there...). And once it booted up the GBA screen and said "GBA write lock. Reset your GBA." or something to that nature. Damn, this is frustrating.

And on a side note, wasn't I supposed to get a white wrist strap in my NDS Lite box? I didn't get one.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to program your Superpass2 to work with the newer firmware, and to run with your Wario Ware cart. Since the DS Lite uses the newer firmware the Superpass1 firmware on your Superpass2 won't work.

Try following these instructions from the Superpass2 review -
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=30230

Quick Instructions

1. Plug your programmer into both the LPT port and USB port on the back of your computer.
2. Push the switch on the side of your Super Pass down towards the middle.
3. Put the Super Pass into the programmer.
4. Run the Super Pass software.
5. Choose the code that corresponds to the real DS game you are going to be using.
6. Hit the “Program” button and if your Super Pass is properly installed, it will be flashed within a few seconds.
7. If the error window pops up, make sure that all your stuff is connected properly. Some computers need to be tweaked in order for the programmer to be recognized.
8. Once you do get your Super Pass properly flashed, move the switch back up and put the real DS game into the Super Pass. Now set them aside until you get your Super Card set up.

Quick Instructions

1. Download and install the newest Super Card software.
2. If needed, download the newest kernel file.
3. Format your SD card with FAT, not FAT32, formatting.
4. Copy the .gba and .sav file from the Super Pass folder (the folder that you installed the Super Pass software into) directly onto your SD card.
5. Run the Super Card software and “Add” whatever roms you want.
6. Output the files into the output folder and then copy them over onto your SD card.
7. When you are done loading the files onto your SD card, stick the SD card into your Super Card.
8. Stick your Super Card into the GBA slot on your DS and power up.
9. Once your DS is on, go into GBA mode (if it didn’t automatically) and run the .gba file.
10. Once your screen says “SRAM Written”, stick in the Super Pass 2 that already has the DS game in it and then power off and then on quickly.
11. If you are having problems doing Step 10 quick enough, stick your Super Pass into your DS slot halfway so that you only have to push it down a little when the time comes.
12. If you get the pass to work, you will go straight to the Super Card menu once your DS powers up.

lolsjoel

OP
Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem as you had >_<

What did you do to get it working? I still get the white screens...

I don't know what passme tool you have, but if you have a Superpass2, plug it into the computer port with the USB hooked up and run the Superpass software. Choose the real game you're using out of the list there and hit patch. In a few seconds it'll say patched, then you take the .gba and .sav files that were created by the program (C:\Program Files\Superpass) and put the on your flash cart.
Load up the flashcart (without you Superpass 2 inserted) and turn it on. Run the .gba file you put on there and it'll say SRAM write ok - or something similar. Then you push the Passme device into the DS, turn off, turn on quickly and it should then show your flashme.nds file so that it's ready to go.

My problem with the white screens was the sequence of events. I thought it went 1. Load SRAM, 2. Turn off, 3. Insert Passme, 4. Turn on, but really steps 2 and 3 needed to be reversed. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended