1. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was very hesitant to post about this at first because right as I was planning to make it public I noticed someone else here already shared one. However at the end of the day it would feel like a letdown to me if I were to work on something for 5 days just for no one to hear about it. So, here it is!

The Origami King Save Editor I created was written in C# and took me roughly 5 days to get it to where it is now. The Save Editor currently offers the following features:
    • Stat Edits (Edit HP, Max HP, Coins, Coins Spent, Confetti, Maximum Confetti Capacity, Toad Points, Bibliofolds, Game Over Count, and in-game Play Time)
    • Inventory Edits (Supports changing the type of an item to something else. Only works with items that aren't accessories)
    • Partner Editor (Allows you to choose who your active partner is)
    GitHub Repo - https://github.com/zSupremoz/Paper-Mario-The-Origami-King-Save-Editor

Preview Images below
    upload_2020-7-21_10-48-46.png upload_2020-7-21_10-48-59.png upload_2020-7-21_10-53-2.png

Note: This is the first save editor I have ever made so you can expect some things to not work as intended.

v1.1 has lowered the minimum .NET Framework Runtime version to 4.5

Attached Files:

Last edited by zSupremoz, Jul 25, 2020
  2. xMoria

xMoria GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Thanks for sharing this man, amazing work. Gonna test it out

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

zSupremoz likes this.
  3. Inonmous

Inonmous Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just wondering how do you back up saves since jksv/Checkpoint don’t support backing up paper Mario TOK?

4. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I was able to to back up my data just fine even before the game was officially released. If it's not showing up on the game list in those applications all I can guess is to make sure there's already a save file for the game.

5. Inonmous

Inonmous Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Just managed to get it done by opening jksv clicking on my switch profile found paper Mario origami king and made a back up. Just used your Save editor it works really fine and maxed out all my hp and coins + items, you’re a legend for making it by your own this has to be the official save editor for paper Mario

zSupremoz likes this.
  6. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, however there's still quite more I want to do with it. For example, I learned that you can have up to four partners in game at once, so at some point I want to add functionality that will allow the user to make use of all of the available slots.

P.S.
    I updated the tool to v1.0 Pre-Release 2. With the new version you can edit the amount of items you have for a certain inventory slot (only works on consumable items like Mushrooms and Fire Flowers). You can download it from this comment or get it from the main post in the thread.

(I'm honestly not sure how I overlooked adding the ability to edit the amount of a certain item you're carrying.)

(Edit: Attachment deleted because it was out-dated)

Last edited by zSupremoz, Jul 21, 2020
    mathew77 likes this.
  7. Fawfulthegreat

Fawfulthegreat Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I wonder if this can be used to get partners into battle that normally wouldn't be in your party for one, to see if they attack the enemy. Particularly interested in
    Bowser (restored) and Luigi

8. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Unfortunately, the two party members in your spoiler do not appear in battle at all and are only visible in the overworld.

9. PhoRieu

PhoRieu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I haven't tested out what you have so far, but did make a pull request for some additional items I knew of for your item function. As I play through the game i'll get more of those names in there unless someone else does before.

zSupremoz likes this.
  10. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    looks nice, cant wait to try, daughter loves game but says its getting to hard. maybe i will spoil her just a bit lol.
    co-op or multiplayer?

Last edited by barelynotlegal, Jul 20, 2020
  11. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    By partners I meant the travel companions.

12. barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal GBAtemp Regular

United States
    zSupremoz likes this.
  13. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT GBAtemp Regular

Argentina
    Well, that sure was quick. Great job!

zSupremoz likes this.
  14. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It was only as quick as it was since I started poking at the save files a few days before the game got released. Plus since the friend who helped me with this has worked with game saves before, I was able to get functionality for recalculating the CRC32 hash in the editor pretty fast.

WiiEJECT likes this.
  15. PhoRieu

PhoRieu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    With that said.... I don't actually know what i'm doing - this is my first stab and learning github and some c# so let me know if I did it right. Are there any instructions on how to build the project? I'm using VS Code if that makes a difference...

16. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You should just be able to download the source straight from the repo then open the solution on Visual Studio (not vs code)

PhoRieu likes this.
  17. PhoRieu

PhoRieu Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Got it, i've only used VS Code for python.... looks like i'll be learning a new IDE and language with this. :)

Update: Build worked, changes in my pull request look to have updated the inventory items. Sweet.

Last edited by PhoRieu, Jul 20, 2020
  18. zSupremoz

OP zSupremoz Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The save editor is now on Release v1.0, I added the ability to edit the amount of Toad Points you have and selecting Bobby or Bowser Jr. for your party slot no longer breaks your game.

Edit: Attachment redacted as it's currently outdated.

Last edited by zSupremoz, Jul 25, 2020
  19. iLL wiLL

iLL wiLL GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can you make it work on a lower Microsoft net framework.it requires v4.7.2.my computer it's a little old.I'm on a older version.is there a way around this???

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

your editor requires Microsoft net framework v4.7.2. it's there anyway you can make it work with an older version.my computers kinda old.it's there any other way of getting this editor to work???

20. Junkman742

Junkman742 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    What's the "used break rate" field do and how do I use it? I assumed it was too increase weapon durability but nothing I do with those fields seems to make the weapons last any longer

Last edited by Junkman742, Jul 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - created, Origami, editor