OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
YouFail.Org
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I got that, but every time I load it, my DS freezes up, with a little "loading" text on the bottom right of th screen.

This is my first flash cart, so I'm not really sure what I'm doing. Is there a thorough guide/could you explain the steps to make this work?

Thanks for the help,
RJay

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Troubleshooting, hooray! I never talked to anyone with a G6 before. Update your G6 firmware as a start. Maybe you didn't DLDI patch the loader manually before copying over (just dismiss the autopatching for DLDI by G6... for now)? I guess you followed the instructions, though...

err, this is a head scratcher. Any G6 owners out there with 3 in 1 that can help??

edit: I agree, the wiki guide isn't thorough
wink.gif

leetdude_007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
double-post! time is collapsing. hehe.

yet another edit: try PMing G6 owners that you notice with 3in1 if the chips are down.

RegulisOnii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
YouFail.Org
XP
Country
United States
Okay, how about this. Is there anyway that I can copy files from my G6 to the 3 in 1 directly? My problem is that I didn't get a usb adapter thingy so I can't hook it up to my computer. Such as: Putting blah.gba on my G6. Then, somehow, through the firmware or homebrew ap or whatever, take blah.gba and put it on the easyflash. Is that possible?

I'm thinking that that would fix the problem. Would it?

leetdude_007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That wouldn't be practical. There is no software for it and you don't have something that you can attach to your 3in1 directly to your computer. So every available option right now copies over information from the slot-1 cart to the 3 in 1 using some type of software to mediate the transfer (in other words, make it work).

I can only see some issues. Your G6 firmware is not up to date, you didn't patch with DLDI, or there is a hardware issue with 3 in 1. I think the "loading..." text is from your G6, right? Then it may be firmware. Sorry if this is frustrating. Also try the EZflash forums if you still have the patience --> http://ezflash.sosuke.com/forum-16.html

Hardware issue with 3 in 1 can be exchanged easily if you bought from a reputable dealer.

leetdude_007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have all the necessary tools to be able to troubleshoot. In most cases, it's just a software issue. Yeah, get your USB cable when you have the chance to continue troubleshooting.

leetdude_007

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's all you really need. 3in1 never interfaces with the computer. See if your G6 files are up to date (firmware or whatever G6 likes to call it). Once you got that, see if you got everything else done correctly: DLDI patching of the loading program, proper patching of the GBA ROMs, properly made folders (for some programs?). There's a bit you have to do before you get things working. I personally would say it's still worth it!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The issue is probably that you haven't put the file in the root directory (not in the NDS folder). This way it gets auto-patched for DLDI.

The 3in1 tool is kind of buggy. Something to do with the way the G6 switching from slot 1 to slot 2 is stuffed up, which causes the border around a GBA game to blink, and it gets really distracting. The best way to overcome this (though it gets annoying after a while), is to flash a game to NOR, and just reboot the DS and boot to slot 2. This way it will go directly to the game and leave you without a blinking border. Does the same thing for NDStation and Rudolph's 3in1 Tool, haven't tried GBALdr, but I'm guessing the same thing will happen.

Does anybody know how to fix the flashing borders issue?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends on the homebrew you are using. With Rudolph's Tool, press the shoulder buttons to switch to NOR mode, and simply select the game, pass the prompts that come up (backup save, no save found, press A, etc) and it will begin to flash

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure they are in the root directory. Make sure your firmware is up to date (Version 2.3 is the current most recent release). If the homebrew still fails to load (note that you need to run it through the MyCard file browser), try a manual DLDI patch, but you still need to keep the file in the root directory.

If it still doesn't work, try another source for the homebrew file. If the problem remains - the homebrew simply does not work on the G6R.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr